How to Treat and Prevent Cavities the 100% Natural Way
Cavities come from the breakdown of tooth tissue. It is permanent damage to the surface of your teeth that turns into small holes and black spots. So, you’ll want to take necessary steps to prevent cavities from forming.
They happen when there is an excess of acid produced by bacteria that live in your mouth. They end up living in your teeth off of pieces of food or because of poor oral hygiene.
They’re common in children and teens, though they affect people of all ages, even babies.
Getting them taken care of early is important for your health. Why? Well, they also affect your nerves and blood vessels, and can cause bad pain, infection, and even loss of the tooth.
Below we’d like to go over some of the main causes and give you a 100% natural way to help treat them.
Causes of cavities
Cavities are formed by a process that begins with the formation of plaque on the enamel protecting your teeth. This substance creates a layer of food remains and bacteria. And then, this becomes tartar.
- The acids that the plaque gives off demineralize the hard enamel of your teeth. Hence the erosion that leads to holes, or cavities.
- Then bacteria and acids get to the dental tissue. In other words, they cause more damage.
- Timely dental attention can keep you from losing the tooth.
However, if the infection takes hold, it can get to the very center of your teeth. That’s when nerves and blood vessels get broken down, even completely damaging the tooth.
Everybody is vulnerable to all kinds of factors that play a role in the formation of cavities. The most common risk factors are:
- Sugary, starchy food
- Soda and other carbonated drinks
- Not brushing enough or properly
- Fluoride deficiency
- Dry mouth
- Gastric reflux
- Eating disorders
Symptoms of cavities
Clinical manifestation of cavities varies from person to person, depending on severity and location. And at first, there are usually no symptoms.
Once it gets worse, though, these symptoms may appear:
- Sudden toothache for no apparent reason
- Sensitive teeth
- Mild pain when eating or drinking something sweet, hot, or cold
- Visible holes in your teeth
- Brown, black, or yellowish spots on the surface of your teeth
- Pain when chewing certain foods
- Bad breath
Not treating cavities can lead to complications. The most common ones include:
- Dental abscesses
- Severe pain
- Inflammation and pus around the tooth
- Broken or damaged teeth
- Movement in the position of the teeth
- Trouble chewing
100% natural way to treat and prevent cavities
If you suspect a cavity, see a dentist. But alongside an exam and treatment, there are other things you can do.
For example, here is a powerful natural remedy to help fight infection without being harsh on your teeth or gums.
- 1 tablespoon of water (15 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil (7 g)
- 1/4 tablespoon of mint oil (3 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon of powdered chlorophyll (7 g)
- 3 tablespoons of food grade diatomaceous earth (45 g)
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda (3 g)
- A plastic jar
- Spoon or fork
- Add all ingredients to the plastic container and mix with a fork or spoon.
- Make sure it’s well-mixed, similar to the texture of normal toothpaste.
How to use
- Put the product on a toothbrush and brush like normal.
- Use after each meal.
- Use for at least a month for best results.
Other ways to fight cavities
Along with this natural toothpaste, there are some other things you need to do if you want to prevent cavities.
- Limit your consumption of sugary, processed food.
- Replace soda with water or natural beverages, but not acidic ones.
- Double down on your current oral hygiene; brush 3 or 4 times a day.
- Floss, and use mouthwash to disinfect areas your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Anytime you suspect an infection, get it checked out right away.
Do you have any symptoms of cavities right now? Make this medicinal toothpaste before the infection gets worse.
If the problem persists or gets worse, see your dentist.It might interest you...