Many illnesses can be traced to problems in the digestive system, specifically an intoxicated colon. If your intestinal flora is contaminated with pathogens or yeast, undigested food or accumulated fecal matter, it can lead to some very serious health problems.
Unclean intestines and a colon filled with toxins almost always result in a weakened immune system, leading infections and inflammation that can spread beyond the intestines and affect the respiratory system and even cause allergies.
While you can find many products to perform a colon cleanse at the pharmacy or in health food stores, a simple way to accomplish the same goal is by watching what you eat every day. Just make sure you get plenty of liquids and fiber and restrict your fat consumption.
Today we’d like to tell you about the best fruits for a colon cleanse. They’re a delicious, effective and economical way to care for your digestive system.
The best fruits for a colon cleanse
There are multiple benefits to using fruit to cleanse the colon which is why you should include them in your daily diet. When possible, always choose organic fruit, grown without harmful pesticides.
It’s important to remember that fruits are always more beneficial in their natural state. That is to say, they’re best whole and not processed into the jams or juices sold in supermarkets. They’re better eaten whole and with the peel on, like apples.
Green apples, red apples… whichever you like. Don’t hesitate to start your mornings with a whole apple with the peel on. You may have your doubts about this fruit because if you suffer from an irritable bowel you’re used to experiencing days of constipation with bouts of diarrhea.
How can apples help with these conditions?
- A raw apple is good for constipation.
- Baked apples are great for diarrhea because the cellulose they contain softens during cooking to give more consistency to stools.
- Apples are soothing, anti-inflammatory, and high in fiber, especially if you eat the peel, which is rich in pectin and antioxidants.
- This highly medicinal fruit is cleansing and helps eliminate and flush toxins from the intestines, especially the colon.
Papaya is a fruit that possesses some of the most potent anti-inflammatory properties found in nature. Thanks to a magic compound called papain, you will digest foods better, your diarrhea and constipation will clear up and your colon will be healthier.
One of the best ways to eat papaya is by cutting it in half and then into chunks and mixing it with some natural yogurt. It will reinforce your intestinal flora and cleanse your intestines. It’s delicious for dessert!
Eating a banana day offers innumerable benefits. Remember that you shouldn’t eat this fruit in the evening. It’s best to have at the start of the day for better digestion.
- Bananas contain natural antacids that keep fecal matter and toxins from clinging to the mucus in the intestines.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, an essential mineral for the intestines and digestive system. Thanks to their potassium content, bananas improve digestion and reduce pain and the inflammation associated with diarrhea and other problems.
- They’re rich in soluble fiber, the type of fiber that’s easier for the colon to process. However, keep in mind that bananas contain sugar, so you should only consume one banana per day.
As you may already know, watermelon is rich in water and minerals like potassium, two ideal substances for detoxifying the colon and keeping it healthy. This fruit is great for those suffering from an irritable bowel as it acts as a soothing tonic to reduce inflammation and keep you hydrated.
Enjoy this fruit as often as you can.
Although raspberries aren’t found in markets year-round, they’re one of the most beneficial fruits for the colon. Here’s why:
- They’re rich in antioxidants which reduce inflammation of the mucosa and levels of harmful bacteria in the intestines.
- Raspberries contain pectin, just like apples, which helps stimulate bowel movements and keeps toxins from sticking to the sides of the intestines and colon.
Eat them as often as you can. They’re delicious and truly medicinal.