Top 4 Green Smoothies to Treat High Blood Pressure
Hypertension, also know as high blood pressure, is a disorder that occurs when the arteries that regulate blood flow to the body narrow or constrict.
Due to this narrowing, the heart has to work harder to pump blood through the smaller spaces and this causes a rise in blood pressure.
This disorder is also known as the “silent assassin” because it’s almost asymptomatic and many people don’t know they have it, so they do nothing to control it. This puts them at a higher risk for serious cardiovascular diseases like a heart attack or stroke.
When a person receives the diagnosis of high blood pressure, they’ll need to change their habits to prevent it from negatively impacting their quality of life.
The four main problems this disorder can cause include:
- Kidney damage
- Enlargement of the heart
- Hardening of the arteries
- Vision problems
To reduce the risks that high blood pressure presents, it will need to be controlled medically depending upon the severity of the problem.
But you can also treat it with diet by consuming healthy green juices which possess properties that can detoxify the body, regulate blood flow and prevent kidney problems.
If you have problems with high blood pressure and are worried about the health risks, don’t wait to try the following 5 recipes for green juices that can help you control your blood pressure while cleansing your kidneys.
Tomato, cucumber and carrot smoothie for high blood pressure
The antioxidant and cleansing properties of this natural smoothie promote the elimination of accumulated toxins from the body which are responsible for the development of different diseases.
By combining vegetables with healthy herbs like parsley, this drink will help eliminate excess sodium and retained fluids from the body that can affect your blood pressure.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 tomato
- 1 handful parsley
- ½ cup water
- Wash the tomato, cucumber and carrots and cut into pieces. Add them to the blender along with the parsley and the half cup of water.
- Process all the ingredients to obtain a smooth mixture and drink while fresh.
- Drink at least 3 times a week.
Pineapple, grapefruit and spinach smoothie
Pineapple and grapefruit are some of the greatest diuretics that nature has to offer to fight fluid retention, lower blood pressure and cleanse the kidneys.
Due to the high water content and low calorie count, both fruits are the ideal supplement to any type of diet.
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 slices pineapple
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- ½ cup water
- Extract the juice from the grapefruit and combine it in a blender with the pineapple slices, handful of spinach and water.
- Blend for a few seconds and drink when completely mixed and lump-free.
- Drink this smoothie everyday, on an empty stomach.
Spinach and carrot smoothie
The high concentration of antioxidants and diuretic properties of this smoothie will help reduce fluid retention and eliminate the stored toxins which are responsible for negatively impacting blood pressure and kidney function.
And if that’s not enough, its ingredients will provide the body with extra energy to increase physical performance.
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful spinach
- 5 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- A little water (optional)
- Wash and disinfect all the ingredients then process them in a blender to create a smooth mixture without chunks or pieces of vegetables. You may need to add a little water for it to mix well.
- Drink on an empty stomach, without straining, a minimum of 3 times a week.
Don’t forget to read: Rejuvenate Your Body with Celery
Kiwi, Spinach and Lettuce Smoothie
Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and other important antioxidants that help lower cholesterol and blood pressure and prevent the damage caused by free radicals.
The combination of green vegetables and fruit provides the body with chlorophyll, fiber, vitamins and minerals that improve kidney function and prevent many diseases.
- 1 kiwi
- 5 spinach leaves
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Peel the kiwi and rinse the spinach and lettuce leaves. Then combine them in a blender with a glass of water and process for a few seconds until smooth.
- Drink while still fresh, preferably on an empty stomach.