Just for Today, Let Everything Flow
When you let everything flow around you and stop clinging onto the impossible, you’ll realize that life is so much easier. Enjoy the moment!
Just for today, let everything flow. Let the bad things go away by themselves and be more receptive to the good. If you’ve never tried this strategy for personal growth, we suggest that you start it as soon as possible.
Flow is a state of mind that can improve your quality of life and allow you to channel your energies to be more productive. It will allow you to understand your problems without being carried away by them. Flow will let you take control of your emotional responses and enjoy life more.
It’s possible that you’ve already heard of the term “flow” or something similar to it. Lots of people often attribute a spiritual or somewhat abstract concept to this idea. However, it actually has a psychological and scientific base with many years of tradition.
The concept of flow was posited in 1975 by the psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi. Since then, it has spread into a variety of applications related to personal development and even work ethic.
It’s an interesting concept that’s both very relaxing and useful in your day-to-day life. In today’s article, we want to teach you how to flow. In other words, we want to teach you how to let yourself be carried away by the here and now. It will even help you expand your productivity and awareness.
Let everything flow and don’t let anything distract you
Mihály Csíkszentmihályi defined flow as a state of harmony where a person is able to completely focus themselves on what they are doing. You can let everything flow while you go for a walk, read a book, relax, or even work. It’s just about being aware of what you are doing and enjoying it.
Read also: How Walking Helps the Brain
- Psychologists explain that many people are under the influence of the erratic mind. They go from one thought to another, jumping from worry to worry until they create a suffocating web.
- Little by little, frustration and unhappiness appear because your thinking begins to fall into these complex chasms of “If I had…,” “If others did…,” and “If I could…”
- These types of thoughts stop your flow. They hold you up, paralyzing you in frustration and discomfort. What they generate is negative energy.
To flow is not to run away, it’s to be present
For everything to flow you must be aware that trying to run from a situation won’t solve anything. To flow means to let go of what is keeping you from moving forward, but you also have to be brave enough to face what’s hurting you at the moment.
- It’s also important to accept that there are certain things that cannot be changed. For instance, you can’t make someone else change their personality. You also can’t force someone into loving you.
- There are certain aspects that you need to accept, and acceptance is also a part of the flow itself.
We recommend reading: 7 Ways to Love Your Life
You are movement, be part of it
Probably on more than one occasion you’ve felt trapped, existentially stranded. This state of mind is very normal among human beings and it’s important to learn how to manage it.
Understand that flow is, above all, movement. So much so that the idea of happiness is very much related to the fact that everything flows and nothing or no one will hold you back or stop you. To better understand it, let’s look at an example.
Say you don’t have a lot of work right now and you’re in a very complicated, unhappy relationship. You know that in the city where you live there are no other job options, so you decide to take the first step.
You allow yourself to flow. Then, you become more receptive and you start to hear of other opportunities. You become better informed, you widen your search, and one day you decide you’re ready for a change.
Because you’re committed to flowing, you choose to leave your city and the relationship that’s making you unhappy to try your luck elsewhere. That change, that movement, will bring you in turn to other new movements.
You’ll find work and there, you’ll meet someone special. Someone who truly appreciates and loves you. Only when you let everything flow and refuse to allow the bad to influence you can you truly be free to create your own path. Try it today and you’ll see what positive results it can bring.
Look for “optimal” experiences
If you’ve never heard anyone talk about optimal experiences, we’ll tell you that they are very easy to identify; however, they’re not always easy to put into practice.
- An optimal experience is the pleasure you derive from doing something you like: a hug, a meal, a walk, a bath, a conversation, a vacation…
- Keep in mind that optimal experiences aren’t programmed. Many people take the attitude of “I’ll relax when I’m on vacation,” or “I’ll be happy when the weekend comes,” or “I’ll know what love is when I have the right partner.”
- Finally, remember that the best time in your life is always right now. Therefore, let everything flow and let nothing hold you back, trap you with worry, or in thoughts like “I can’t today” or “You’re not worth it.”
It’s simply a matter of being present and growing in a harmonious way according to your conscience, in freedom, integrity, and a deep inner peace that allows you to enjoy the “here and now.”