Your feet are a very important part of your body because they support your weight all day long, so you should pay close attention to them and make sure they properly relax and rest, so you can remain active the next day.
Properly resting your feet doesn’t just mean taking your shoes off at the end of a long day, but also taking special care of your feet. In this article, we’ll teach you a few ways to relieve your tired feet.
What makes my feet feel heavy and tired?
A recurring sensation of heavy and tired feet could be caused by many different things. In order to understand this topic more clearly, we’ll take a look at a few of the most common reasons that people end up with tired feet.
- They are strained. Although we may not always realize it, we tend to put our bodies through very strenuous physical situations. When you stand for an extended period of time, whether it be at a concert or doing chores around the house, your feet are unable to get the rest or exercise they need. Your feet feeling tired is the organism’s way of letting you know that you are treating your body poorly and that you need to set some limits.
- You are using poor footwear. To avoid the aches caused by tired feet, it is crucial that you use comfortable shoes. Avoid high heels and narrow tips.
- You have bad circulation. When people suffer from poor circulation, they tend to experience tired feet more frequently.
- Obesity. When people suffer from being overweight, it is normal for them to feel like their feet are tired. This is a result of the excess weight that their feet have to support.
Natural treatments for tired feet
Hot water foot bath
After spending a strenuous day at work, it is quite common for people to get home and feel as if their feet were about to explode from tiredness. That’s why it’s a good idea to submerge them in a bowl of hot water and Epsom salts. If you want, you can even add rose petals or a few drops of mint oil, which are both great for improving poor circulation. Once the water has cooled down, remove your feet and dry them off. Then, give yourself a massage with the same oil you used for the bath and then apply some lotion to make your skin smoother.
If you want to relax your feet, a good massage with honey, rosemary or mint oil-based lotion will do wonders. These three ingredients mix very well. Just apply them to your feet and legs in a circular movement. Then, put on socks to lock the moisture in and raise your feet a few inches by placing them on a pillow. This will make your feet feel very rested.
Rice water baths
Just boil a bit of rice in two cups of water. Let this mixture cook until the water has reduced down to one cup. Then, drain it and pour the water into a tub. Let this water set for a while and then add three tablespoons of baking powder. Submerge your feet in this mixture and leave them there until the water cools down. Then, dry your feet well and finish up this treatment by giving them a nice massage with mint oil or a mint-based lotion.
One very useful tip that you can use every day is, when you get home after a long day at work, try to raise your feet up by resting them on a wall or chair for at least 10 minutes. Follow this treatment up with a soothing massage, which should be done in circular movements from the tip of the foot to the upper portion of the legs.
You can always submerge you feet in hot water with chamomile and lemon balm for twenty minutes every night. This will relax your feet and help them feel much better.
Tips for keeping your feet from getting tired
- To keep your feet from getting tired, you should try to walk around barefoot for around at least half an hour every day. If you can do this in nature, on grass or sand, it will be even better for you.
- Make sure the shoes you use are not too tight. This will help improve circulation. Additionally, avoid shoes with a very high heel or with a narrow tip.
- Try to stick to a healthy diet and avoid salty foods, because these can cause fluid retention problems in your feet, causing them to swell.
- To get rid of hard patches on your feet, we recommend applying vaseline at night and massaging the bottom of your feet, especially your heel, because this is the part that most easily dries out. You absolutely must put socks on after!
- Exercise your feet by rotating your ankles and trying to pick up small objects with your toes.
- Place a towel over a glass bottle on the ground and roll it with the sole of your foot for a few minutes.
As you can see, everyone’s feet get tired and ache from time to time, because they are responsible for supporting the full weight of our bodies and, furthermore, have to help us move from one place to another. However, if you acknowledge the importance of your feet and follow some of these simple tips, this problem will start to become less and less frequent. It is really easy to follow these tips to keep your feet healthy and to make your day-to-day life a little more pleasant.