Tips to Reduce Fluid Retention and Belly Fat
Since there are no miracle cures, in order to remove belly fat and fight against fluid retention it is very important to combine natural recipes with exercise, a healthy lifestyle and plenty of water.
The stomach is one of the areas of our body where fat tends to accumulate over the years and where fluid retention is most often noticed. Lifestyle, diet, lack of physical activity, among other factors, can cause fat and / or liquids to accumulate in our stomach. As a consequence, we look bloated and it adversely affects our body’s shape. Keep reading to learn some tips to reduce fluid retention and belly fat in this article.
Most of us want to burn fat for a slimmer figure and we know that the belly is a very difficult area to work on. It’s not actually an impossible feat for you to be able to show off a flat stomach, and one free of fat and bloating! Here are our 6 tips to reduce fluid retention and belly fat:
6 vital tips to reduce fluid retention and belly fat
- Avoid excess sodium: it is very important to have in mind that we must significantly reduce our salt intake. Or, alternatively, we should choose another alternative for seasoning meals. Excessive salt is a major cause of water retention and nearly everyone consumes it in excess. We also advise you to increase the consumption of foods rich in potassium. As a result, this will counteract the sodium levels and helps balance the body’s pH.
- Exercise more: the most effective way to reduce belly fat and obtain a flat stomach is through exercise. It is ideal to perform a session of aerobic activity and supplement it with abdominal exercises to tone and reshape the belly.
- Drink more water: drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach is an ideal way to prevent fluid retention. In addition, it has also been found that water increases metabolism. This will, in turn, stimulate the body to burn fat.
Read more: 6 Ways to Reduce Sodium in Your Diet
Diuretic foods and sleep
- Consume more diuretic foods: diuretic foods are ideal for removing the retained liquid from the body and the toxins that can make us gain weight. Ideally you should increase your consumption of diuretic foods such as pineapple, artichokes, watermelon, tomatoes, asparagus, among others.
- Get enough sleep: a simple and necessary habit such as sleeping is essential to eliminating belly fat and to losing weight in general. Sleeping less than six hours can stimulate the production of a hormone called cortisol. This is a hormone which promotes the storage of fat in the belly.
- Eat healthily: it is very important to change your eating habits and eliminate from your diet all those foods that you know make you accumulate more fat. Instead, you should significantly increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It is also important to divide your meals into 5 or 6 servings a day. In addition, you should chew your food thoroughly and not skip breakfast for any reason.
Homemade recipe to reduce belly fat and fluid retention
Fat and water retention are our main impediments to achieving a flat stomach. Because of that, we want to share with you a very helpful homemade recipe that helps fight fluid retention. In addition, it will help eliminate the toxins and waste that make our stomach look more bloated.
- 1 teaspoon of roasted and ground dandelion
- 1 piece of ginger
- Some cardamom seeds
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 5 mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- Honey (optional)
Firstly, add all the ingredients to the water in a pan, except for the honey. Then place the pan on the stove and boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, strain the tea, add honey if desired and drink from 2 to 4 cups a day.
Important! Dandelion tea is not recommended for people suffering from problems related to the gallbladder. These people should not drink dandelion tea without consulting their doctor first.
This recipe for reducing belly fat and fighting against fluid retention can help you achieve a flat stomach when it is supplemented with the other suggestions. Don’t forget that there are no miracle products to reduce fat, However, with discipline, commitment and some simple tips, we can work for the body shape we desire. We hope that these tips to reduce fluid retention and belly fat will set you on your way towards the flat stomach you want so much!