Tips for Fighting Belly Fat and Fluid Retention (plus a recipe!)
The stomach is one of the areas of our body where fat tends to accumulate over the years and where fluid retention is most often noticed. Lifestyle, diet, lack of physical activity, among other factors, can cause fat and / or liquids to accumulate in our stomach, making it look bloated and adversely affecting our body’s shape. Keep reading to learn about natural ways to fight belly fat and fluid retention in this article.
Most of us want to burn fat for a slimmer figure and we know that the belly is a very difficult area to work on. In order for it not to become an impossible feat for you to show off a flat stomach, one free of fat and bloating, below we will share the best tips to reduce belly fat and fluid retention, which as you know, is one of the greatest impediments to having a flat stomach.
6 vital tips to reduce belly fat and fluid retention
- Avoid excess sodium: it is very important to have in mind that we must significantly reduce our salt intake or choose another alternative for seasoning meals. Excessive salt is a major cause of water retention and nearly everyone consumes it in excess. It is also advisable to increase the consumption of foods rich in potassium, since it counteracts the sodium levels and helps balance the body’s pH.
- Exercise more: the most effective way to reduce belly fat and obtain a flat stomach is through exercise. It is ideal to perform a session of aerobic activity and supplement it with abdominal exercises to tone and reshape the belly.
- Drink more water: drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach is an ideal way to prevent fluid retention. In addition, it has also been found that water increases metabolism, which then stimulates the body to burn fat.
- Consume more diuretic foods: diuretic foods are ideal for removing the retained liquid from the body and the toxins that can make us gain weight. Ideally you should increase your consumption of diuretic foods such as pineapple, artichokes, watermelon, tomatoes, asparagus, among others.
- Get enough sleep: a simple and necessary habit such as sleeping is essential to eliminating belly fat and to losing weight in general. Sleeping less than six hours can stimulate the production of a hormone called cortisol, which is what promotes the storage of fat in the belly.
- Eat healthy: it is very important to change your eating habits and eliminate from your diet all those foods that you know make you accumulate more fat. Instead, you should significantly increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It is also important to divide your meals into 5 or 6 servings a day, chew your food thoroughly and do not skip breakfast for any reason.
Homemade recipe to reduce belly fat and fluid retention
As fat and water retention are our main impediments to achieving a flat stomach, we want to share with you a very helpful homemade recipe that helps fight fluid retention and eliminate those toxins and waste that make our stomach look more bloated.
- 1 teaspoon of roasted and ground dandelion
- 1 piece of ginger
- Some cardamom seeds
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 5 mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- Honey (optional)
Add all the ingredients to the water in a pan, except for the honey. Place the pan on the stove and boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Afterward strain the tea, add honey if desired and drink from 2 to 4 cups a day.
Important!: dandelion tea is contraindicated for people suffering from problems related to the gallbladder. These people should not drink dandelion tea without consulting their doctor first.
This recipe for reducing belly fat and fighting against fluid retention can help you achieve a flat stomach when it is supplemented with the other suggestions. Do not forget that there are no miracle products to reduce fat, but with discipline, commitment and some simple tricks, we can work for the body shape we desire.