Your hair is nothing but filaments attached to the skin, made up of protein, keratin, and amino acids, which are responsible for protecting and strengthening it. It’s important to remember that hair not only frames your face – it also covers and protects your head. For all of these reasons, it’s important to invest in its maintenance and care. Why not have beautiful hair?
Risk factors for your hairYour hair can be affected by various factors including genetics, chemicals, and beauty treatments. Some of them might permanently affect it. There are other factors that can be harmful, however, putting the appearance and health of your hair at risk, including:
- Hormone levels
- Lack of nutrients
- Bad mood
When your hair has split ends or is too dry or oily, this is a warning that something could be wrong with your health. It’s worth mentioning that beauty treatments for the hair should be based on your specific hair type. Here are some recommendations and natural products you can use to treat different types of hair.
Learn: Advice for treating dry hair
Tips and masks for wavy hair
Lots of women would love to have wavy hair. This hair type brings together the natural and the aesthetic, which often attracts attention. While it might look thick and strong, however, wavy hair can be very fine and delicate. If not properly cared for, it can become very frizzy. There are three types of wavy hair, which we describe below:
- Fine and thin: this type of hair can be easily straightened
- Medium texture: this hair tends to frizz more than others
- Thick: this is difficult hair to style and is also prone to the frizz
Wavy hair tends to look slightly dull. This is because the hair cuticles aren’t flat, which gives it a drier appearance. If you have wavy hair, here are some tips to make it look better naturally:
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- Let it air dry. If you’re going to use a hairdryer, use a diffuser
- Use your fingers to comb it, because brushing can lead to frizz
Egg mask for wavy hairEggs contain vitamins and minerals that naturally keep your hair hydrated. An egg-based mask recipe includes the following:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (15 g)
- Separate the two egg yolks into a bowl.
- Mix in the almond oil and honey until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
Mode of application
- Apply this mask to your hair using gentle massage.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water to remove any oily residue.
Tips for curly hair
This type of hair is more prone to breakage and damage, because it has a coarse and dry texture. Curls are usually tight and very fragile. There are two types of curly hair, which are:
- S-shaped: this type of hair has the highest level of frizz and retains lots of moisture.
- Z-shaped: the curls for this type of hair are less well defined and have a wiry texture.
This hair type has very little shine, which is normal. Treatments won’t likely make it brighter, but they can make it softer. Pay attention to the following tips.
- Use an intensive treatment before washing your hair to help hydrate the scalp.
- Apply a hot oil treatment every month.
- Use a natural bristle brush or a comb with wide teeth.
- You can perm it if you like. This may make the curls looser for a longer period of time.
- Smooth it with chemical products if you need a break from the curls.
Read also: 3 easy and natural hair care tips
Beauty tips and masks for straight hairWhile straight hair is typically considered lucky in hair genetics because it’s strong, shiny, and easy to style, it tends to become more oily than other types. Nevertheless, straight hair cuticles are made up of several layers, which makes them much more resistant to damage. There are three types of straight hair:
- Fine and thin: this type of hair is silky and radiant
- Medium texture: it is thick, and difficult to style
- Thick: curling this type of hair can be a challenge
When there is excess oil production it can build up around the scalp, causing the hair itself to become dry and the ends to split. If you have straight hair and want to avoid this, try the following tips:
- Use a comb with wide teeth when you have damp hair
- Use anti-frizz products to protect it
- Wash it every three days
Milk and water for straight hair
Milk contains whey and casein. These will strengthen your hair, increase its growth, and maintain volume. Casein contains the amino acid known as glutamine, which also stimulates hair growth. Both reduce excess oil production.
- 1/2 cup of whole milk (75 ml)
- 1/2 cup of water (75 ml)
- Mix the milk and water in a spray bottle.
Mode of application
- Spray this all over your hair using a circular massage around the scalp.
- Brush it through your hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair and apply your regular conditioner.
- Repeat this procedure every week.
It doesn’t matter if your hair is wavy, curly, or straight. You can always make it look beautiful and vibrant with these tips and natural products.