Tips for Surprising Your Partner in a Long Distance Relationship
Having a long-distance partner can be complicated at times. However, if there’s commitment and communication from both parties, the bond will strengthen over time and the experience will be much easier.
Sometimes, having your partner miles away makes you appreciate details much more than when you live in the same city. In addition, we also learn to be more creative when it comes to surprises, especially now that we have the advantages that technology offers.
So, what can we do to give our long-distance relationship a breath of fresh air? How can we keep the love alive? Let’s see.
Surprise Your Significant Other in a Long Distance Relationship
1. Have a Romantic Dinner
Today, there are many ways you can feel close to your partner, even if you are in a long distance relationship. While it’s nice to have a dinner together in person, you can still have a romantic dinner miles away from each other.
How? Video call applications are very useful for these cases. Through the internet, you have dozens of possibilities to hire a home delivery service and surprise your partner with a romantic evening.
- If you want the dinner to be more special, you can decorate the room with candles or other romantic objects.
- Make sure to choose food that both people like to eat.
- And, if you want, you can also send them an email with a message in which you warn them that something’s going to happen, without telling them what, how, or when.
2. Dedicate a Song to Each Other
Your partner will feel happy and surprised to know that you think of them throughout the day. Therefore, dedicating a song can be a way to surprise your partner when they least expects it and make your partner feel special.
There are many romantic songs that can express many feelings and can adequately express your strong feelings of love despite being far away from that person.
- Choose a special song that best expresses how you feel.
- Call into a radio station to dedicate the song to make it more exciting and special.
- Then, call your partner so they can hear it when they announce it on the radio.
- Publish it on social media or send it in a message.
3. Write a Love Poem
Not all of us are talented poets, but you can draw from you most romantic feelings to write a poem or song for your special person.
Being far away from each other is difficult, but writing a poem with your own words and feelings can be the best way to let your partner know how important they are in your life.
- Allow yourself to be open to your emotions and let these feelings carry into your writing.
- Not all poems have to rhyme. The important thing is that it is romantic and sincere.
- If you need help, you can search online for tips to improve your writing.
However, if you’re not inspired, you can always look for fragments or famous poems. It won’t be as creative, but it’s the thought that counts.
You may also be interested in: The 18 Best Love Messages for Your Boyfriend
4. Send a Funny Video
Nowadays, there are many tools and applications to make videos funny without too much effort. In addition, it only takes a few minutes to send and receive a video no matter where you are.
The theme of your video can be anything. You can send a funny video with jokes or with you acting silly, or you can send a compilation of happy moments and memories of your relationship.
- Download a video app on your phone.
- If you do not want to record yourself, you can gather photos and write romantic messages or record your voice to put over the photos.
- If you want to, you can upload it to YouTube or your social media, so your partner can feel extra flattered and special.
5. Surprise Your Partner with a Gift
If you have your partner’s home or work address handy, then you have an advantage. Without warning, send a surprise gift for no apparent reason.
There are many courier companies that will deliver the gifts to your door. In addition, there are companies where you can shop remotely and they’ll take care of the shipping themselves.
- Choose a gift that your partner will like: Clothes, a teddy bear, a book from his or her favorite author, etc.
- Don’t wait for it to be a special day. Send it on any day so that your partner is even more surprised.
6. Get a Little Sexy with Video Calls
When you’ve already reached a high level of confidence with your partner, you can take your usual video call conversations and make them a little more exciting.
If your partner doesn’t take the initiative, you can surprise them by wearing something sexy for the next video call.
- Dress in a suggestive manner. You can wear lingerie or something that makes you feel sexy.
- Say daring or risque things to create a game between you and your partner.
Distance doesn’t exist when it comes to love
If your long distance relationship is falling into a routine or if you want to keep things interesting with one other, take these tips into account. This way, you’ll be able to surprise your partner and rekindle the flame when necessary.
Remember: Distance doesn’t exist for those who truly love each other. Have patience, faith, and hope that very soon you’ll be able to share all the time in the world together.It might interest you...