Minimize Stretch Marks at Home with These Tips
These tips can help you make stretch marks practically disappear. Choose one ore more, follow them regularly, and you'll see those frustrating marks will gradually become almost invisible!
The best part of the tips you’ll find here is that they’re natural ways to minimize stretch marks. Continue reading, and we’ll show how you can easily make home remedies that’ll effectively help you reduce those aesthetic annoyances.
We all know they aren’t bad for our health, but they can still make us feel a little uncomfortable when putting on a short skirt or a bathing suit, for example.
What are Stretch Marks?
They’re narrow streaks or lines on your skin that are formed when there’s constant stretching of its elastic fibers.When a certain amount of abrupt tension occurs, the inner layers of the skin break. The resulting tears leave scars, that is, stretch marks.
Besides, there are two kinds of them:
- The first kind appears as a result of tension or loss of elasticity. Among stretch marks of this type are those from pregnancy, growth during adolescence, as well as any change in volume in relation to hormonal alterations.
- The second kind is produced as a result of excess cortisol. These are produced when you need to take corticosteroids in high dosages for a prolonged period of time.
Where Do They Appear?
Stretch marks are commonly produced in your abdomen, breast, hip and butt areas. They start off as small reddish or violet lines that may gradually fade into a lighter shade.
What Do I Do to Make Them Not Appear?
Once they’re there, stretch marks are very difficult to get rid of. As the saying goes, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Here is what you should do:
- You should have good blood circulation.To help with this, eat red berries such as strawberries, cranberries and cherries.
- Do lymphatic drainage massages. This is a massage technique that allows the activation of the elimination of liquid accumulated in certain body tissues.
- Raise the collagen level in your skin. Collagen is a protein playing an essential role in the formation of different elements of your body. You can increase your collagen level by eating foods rich in vitamin C . Therefore, include peppers, kiwi, oranges, spinach, tomatoes, guava, broccoli and other foods high in this nutrient in your diet.
- Hydrating your skin is another way to prevent them. In other words, drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.
- You should also use creams every day to keep your skin elastic.
- Try to control your weight too. Sudden changes can bring about more stretch marks.
If I Already Have Them, What Should I Do?
Although there’s no way to remove them completely, there are some tricks that we can show you to minimize stretch marks.
You should know that in order for the tips below to help minimize stretch marks, you need to be consistent when following them. Stretch marks appear because of a breakage in the skin, and solving this takes some time. But don’t get discouraged! Over time, you can see certain results.
Vitamin E is certainly good for helping minimize stretch marks. In fact, it’s great for all problems affecting your skin because this nutrient makes it stronger and healthier.
You can find this vitamin in two ways:
- The first is by buying vitamin E capsules at a pharmacy. What you have to do is open them and apply the oil inside to the areas affected by stretch marks. You have to do this at least once a day after bathing. You can remove it with a wet cloth after 15 minutes.
- The second way to absorb vitamin E is by eating foods that are rich in it. For example, olive, almond and soy oils are high in this nutrient.
- the skin from a beet
- the skin from a peach
- Grind both skins together. If you end up with a very thick paste, then you can add a tablespoon of almond oil.
- You should apply the paste to the affected areas.
- Remove it after 15 minutes with cold water. Pay attention to this detail because hot water will make your skin sensitive and can make stretch marks worse.
Another way to minimize stretch marks is by using carrots. What you should do is the following:
- First, steam carrots.
- Then make a purée with them.
- After that, apply it directly to the affected area. Be very careful with the temperature: you want to minimize your stretch marks, not to to burn your skin.
- This paste takes a little more time to produce effects, and that’s why it’s necessary to leave it on for at least a half hour.
- Finally, remove it with a cloth soaked in cold water.
You surely know that avocados can be used to make various home remedies with different purposes. Now, learn how you can harness their properties to minimize stretch marks:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
- Make a paste by grinding the avocado and mixing it with the honey and lemon.
- You need to apply this mixture in a circular motion for 15 minutes every day.
Another way to prepare the mixture is by adding a tablespoon of olive oil to make it a little more liquid and easier to apply.
Horsetail is a wild plant that’s often used for medicinal purposes. You can buy it in food or herbal stores. This plant has a high amount of silicon, a natural cell regenerator.
- 100 grams of horsetail
- 8 drops of lemon juice
- 1 liter of 80 proof alcohol
- Make a lotion by soaking the horsetail with the drops of lemon and the liter of alcohol for a month.
- Once that time period has passed, dilute the amount of preparation that you’re going to use with half water.
- Apply it to the affected areas twice daily.
Read also: Seven Home Remedies to Remove Foot Calluses
Sugar and Coffee
One of the bases for any skin treatment is exfoliation. It’s necessary to remove dead cells so that new cells can appear. Two natural exfoliants that are within your reach are coffee and sugar. You can combine them with some of the aforementioned oils (olive, for example).
Homemade Aloe Vera Cream
- 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 6 capsules of vitamin E
- 4 capsules of vitamin A
- Combine all the ingredients using a blender.
- You should apply this on the affected areas with a gentle massage until it’s completely absorbed.
You can save the cream in a clean container, covered in the refrigerator.
Exercising, especially in open outdoor areas, besides allowing your muscles to develop, helps the oxygenation of your cells. Outdoor activities allow greater absorption of vitamin D, which is very important for improving skin.
The recipes that you just read are some of the most effective ones to treat stretch marks. Will you give them a shot? Do you know of another homemade trick that you’d like to share with us?