Tips for More Beautiful Nails
Experts recommend maintaining and caring for your nails every day to prevent them from getting damaged, breaking, or having an unappealing color, especially if you smoke. In this article, you’ll learn the best tips for perfect nails.
Also read: What Your Nails Say About Your Personality
Advice for Beautiful Nails
You might like to keep them natural, or you might always like to paint them just one color, or you might change the color according to your outfit. Whatever the case, it’s vital to look after this part of your hands and feet.
These tips are very good for doing at home so you won’t have to go to the salon for a manicure.
Here are a few basic tips:
After washing your hands, you should apply cream, This will prevent your skin from drying out, and will also moisturize your nails, making them grow healthier and stronger.
It will also prepare you for the cold months, when your nails suffer from glove use or hot water.
In the summer, you should protect them from the sun and chlorinated pools.
Don’t Cut: File
Never use nail clippers, unless they’re too long and you want to cut them back to your fingertip.
Otherwise, use a file to achieve the length that you like, and if you want them squared or rounded. This will prevent them from breaking or chipping.
Prepare before Polishing
It’s very important that you use a base before applying polish. If you skip this step, your nails will then be dry, yellowed, and lifeless.
This is because the components in the polish do not let the nail “breath”.
Bases can be found in any beauty store or perfumery, and they are just like glossy coats, which is to say, transparent. The difference is that they often contain aloe vera, calcium, and vitamin E.
In regards to aesthetic benefits, bases make applying the polish easier because they leave the nail surface smoother.
Care for Your Cuticles
Don’t cut or remove your cuticles, because you could cause an infection. It’s better to use oils or special creams to remove the cuticles. Carefully push them back with a manicure stick or a soft cane.
- Whenever you wash your hands, dry them well, especially the nails, so they don’t become soft.
- File at least once a week. This will keep them strong and resistant to cracks.
- Use a hydrating emulsion twice a day on your hands, placing an emphasis on your nails, so they look healthy and beautiful.
- If they are yellowed because of excessive polish use or from cigarettes, rub white vinegar on them.
- Limit your use of polish or polish removers. Once you remove polish, wait at least a day to paint your nails again. There are polish removers without acetone that come in oiled cloths that hurt neither your skin nor your nails.
- If you can’t take care of long nails, it’s best to wear them short, close to your fingertip.
- If you are doing household chores, protect your hands with gloves, especially if you will come into contact with chemical cleaners like bleach.
- Consume vitamin Aso your nails grow healthy and strong. It’s present in the majority of fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t bite your nails, or constantly have them in your mouth. If you’re an anxious or timid person, eat candies or chew gum before biting your nails. Saliva makes them always soft, and easily broken.
- Don’t use your nails as a tool, and that same goes for your teeth. This means they are not meant to open jars, removing floor stains, or cleaning cracks, but for protecting your hands, and making them look beautiful.
- If you like to paint your nails but don’t have a lot of time to let them dry, you can place them in a bowl of water with several ice cubes.
- Place your hands in a bowl of white vinegar before painting them, so the polish lasts longer.