Would you like to have beautiful nails, but lack the time (or the money) to get a manicure? Don’t worry, you can set up a beauty salon at your house, and look beautiful in just a few minutes. Experts also recommend maintaining and caring for your nails every day to prevent them from getting damaged, breaking, or having an unappealing color, especially if you smoke. In this article, you will learn the best tips for beautiful nails.
Advice to improve how your nails look
You might like to keep them natural, or you might always like to paint them just one color, or you might change the color according to your outfit. Whatever the case, it is vital that you care for your nails, at least on a basic level, by taking care of their needs. These tips are very good for doing in the house, you won’t have to go to the salon for a manicure. You will have beautiful and healthy nails if you following these:
- Moisturize: after washing your hands, you should apply cream, no exceptions. This will prevent your skin from drying out, and will also moisturize your nails, making them grow healthier and stronger. It will also prepare you for the cold months, when the nails suffer from glove use or hot water. In the summer, you should protect them from the sun and chlorinated pools.
- Filing: never use nail clippers, unless they are too long and you want to cut them back to your fingertip. Otherwise, use a file to achieve the length that you like, and if you want them squared or rounded. This will prevent them from breaking or chipping.
- Prepare: it is very important that you use a base before apply polish. If you skip this step, your nails will then be dry, yellowed, and lifeless. This is because the components in the polish do not let the nail “breath”. Bases can be found in any beauty store or perfumery, and they are just like glossy coats, which is to say, transparent. The difference is that they contain aloe vera, calcium, and vitamin E. In regards to its aesthetic benefits, you could say that it makes applying the polish easier because it leaves the nail surface smoother.
- Care: do not cut or remove your cuticles, because you could cause an infection. It is better to use oils or special creams to remove the cuticles. Carefully push them back with a manicure stick or a soft cane.
- Pay attention: women are always looking for face or hair masks, but they frequently forget about their nails. You can use vaseline to give yourself a circular massage while watching TV. Wear cold-weather gloves while sleeping, after having used a good cream. By the next morning you will already see the results: soft hands and beautiful nails.
More recommendations for beautiful nails
- Whenever you wash your hands, dry them well, especially the nails, so they don’t become soft.
- File at least once a week. This will keep them strong and resistant to cracks.
- Preferably, do not cut your cuticles because they are in charge of protecting your nails from germs. You can soften them with creams and gently push them back so they aren’t seen.
- Use a hydrating emulsion twice a day on your hands, placing an emphasis on your nails, so they look healthy and beautiful.
- If they are yellowed by excessive polish use or from cigarettes, rub white vinegar on them.
- Limit your use of polish or polish removers. Once you remove polish, waits at least a day to paint your nails again. There are polish removers without acetone that come in oiled cloths that hurt neither your skin nor your nails.
- If you can’t take care of long nails, it’s best to wear them short, close to your fingertip.
- If you are doing household chores, protect your hands with gloves, especially if you will come into contact with chemical cleaners like bleach.
- Consume vitamin A so your nails grow healthy and strong. It is present in the majority of fruits and vegetables.
- Do not bite your nails, or constantly have them in your mouth. If you are an anxious or timid person, eat candies or chew gum before biting your nails. Saliva makes them always soft, and easily broken.
- Don’t use your nails as a tool, and that same goes for your teeth. This means they are not meant to open jars, removing floor stains, or cleaning cracks, but for protecting your hands, and making them look beautiful.
- You can place the juice from several garlic cloves in your polish to make your nails harder. You can also crush a few cloves and place them on your nails for a few minutes, like a cream. Another alternative is to submerge your nails in a horsetail infusion, for about 20 minutes. A “hardening” gloss that never fails can be made with 8 lemon drops, a well blended garlic clove, and 5 drops of white iodine. Pour into your clear polish and use as a base, letting it steep for a day.
- If you like to paint your nails but don’t have a lot of time to let them dry, you can place them in a bowl of water and several ice cubes.
- Place your hands in a bowl of white vinegar before painting them, so the polish lasts longer.