Three Cream of Vegetable Recipes to Strengthen Defenses
Would you like to discover three delicious cream vegetable recipes to strengthen your defenses?
When it comes to maintaining a healthy diet, consuming a variety of fruits and vegetables is key. Eating plenty of different colors of vegetables helps ensure that you’re getting the right amount of different vitamins and minerals. In addition to strengthening your immune system, it’s also important to choose vegetables with high antioxidant content.
Fortunately, these recipes feature both a variety of vegetables and vegetables with high antioxidant content. Give them a try!
You might like: Three Delicious Vegetable Pâté Recipes
Three Cream of Vegetable Recipes
1. Cream of spinach
Considering the data published through Food & Function, there’s enough evidence to suggest that spinach is a healthy and nutritious food. Overall, cream of spinach provides important nutrients such as iron and folates. Furthermore, it also provides B vitamins and antioxidants.
How to prepare:
- Take a bag of 500 g of frozen spinach, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 100 g of evaporated milk, a splash of olive oil as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, steam the onion and garlic with the oil, add the spinach and salt, then cover with water.
- After 5 or 7 minutes, beat the mixture.
Cream of spinach is a healthy and delicious way to consume this vegetable. Studies show that it is an substantial source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
2. Cream of broccoli
Broccoli is one of the functional foods that has managed to gain a special space in any healthy diet. As a publication in Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry pointed out, broccoli is a source of antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamins E, C, and K and minerals such as iron, zinc, and selenium.
To take full advantage of this vegetable, try preparing a cream using the following recipe:
How to prepare:
- For this healthy recipe, the main ingredients are broccoli and potatoes. Also, you’ll need a large white onion and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Also, four cups of chicken or vegetable broth will give your dish a delicious flavor that you can add to with some salt and pepper.
The procedure is similar to the previous recipe:
- First, poach the onion, then add the broth along with the potato.
- Five minutes later, add in the broccoli.
- Again, after 5 minutes, beat everything together well.
- Then, it’s ready to enjoy!
3. Cream of tomato
Cream of tomato provides a substantial amount of vitamin C from tomatoes. In addition to also providing plenty of antioxidants, this vegetable is rich in vitamin A, K, iron, and potassium. Therefore, as supported by a study published in Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, it is a good option if you want to strengthen your immune system and reduce your risk of illness.
How to prepare:
- Unlike gazpacho, which is served cold, you can prepare a hot version of cream of tomato soup. For this recipe, you’ll need 500 g of ripe tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, half a bell pepper, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- After boiling the tomatoes for about a minute, place them in some cold water to remove the skin. Next, chop them up and add them to the previously stir-fried mixture of onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Lastly, add salt, pepper, and two cups of water or vegetable broth. After 30 minutes, beat the mixture and it will be ready to serve.
Tomatoes contains vitamin A, iron, and potassium. Therefore, it’s one of the best options for dishes to strengthen your defenses.
Easy-to-prepare cream of vegetable recipes
Eating cream of vegetables is a very easy and delicious way to consume vegetables. For the majority of people, it is might even be the only way they will eat vegetables. Furthermore, these cream of vegetable recipes have a remarkable advantage over other dishes: they can be frozen. This allows you to cook a large amount in one go and keep it in the fridge or freezer until you want to eat it.
With good planning, it’s possible to consume cream of vegetable soup as a first course for most of the week. This ensures a proper intake of vitamins and antioxidants from vegetables.
However, you must be careful when it comes to the calories in this dish. Yes, it’s true that when the main ingredients are vegetables and water, the calories in the dish are practically negligible. That being said, many recipes include milk, butter or cream. Adding some dairy and fat can improve the taste but can also increase the total calories in the dish.
You might like: Six Recipes that Will Help Your Child Eat Vegetables
Cream of vegetable recipes: Conclusion
Overall, it’s a good idea to learn to cook a variety of cream of vegetable recipes in large quantities on the weekend. Then, store them in the refrigerator or freezer and consume them as a first course at lunch or dinner.
On the other hand, if you intend to maintain or lose weight, make sure not to add milk, butter, or cream to these recipes. Additionally, keep in mind that the greater the variety of vegetables you use, the more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants you will include in your diet.It might interest you...