Three Breakfast and Lunch Turmeric Recipes
In this article, we'll look at three recipes using turmeric that are versatile and can be used in different meals, including breakfast.
Turmeric comes from the same family as ginger. It’s used in many Asian dishes and it’s a main curry ingredient. Certainly, turmeric can make any recipe stand out. Likewise, it’s often used for its coloring properties by many Curcumin E 100 industries.
Turmeric’s properties and benefits
Turmeric has interesting antioxidant and digestive properties. It protects cells and reduces LDL cholesterol levels and it’s beneficial for the stomach and liver. Thus, it’s a great option for those who have gas and digestive issues.
Eating turmeric on a regular basis may help prevent certain inflammatory conditions, including cancer. Therefore, it helps counter side effects from medications and it’s beneficial for people who have arthritis.
Pepper in turmeric recipes
Turmeric is usually added at the final stage of a recipe and it’s done with a pinch of black pepper. Pepper helps the body absorb the active substances in turmeric, such as curcuminoids.
In fact, the actual reason for adding turmeric during the last 15 minutes of cooking is so it can lose 85% of its curcuminoids. For this reason, it’s best to use it at the end of the recipe or even raw.
In regard to pepper, it contains piperine, which has been shown to prevent curcuminoids from breaking down. This means that your body can absorb a greater amount and more efficiently. Pepper’s unique property can be used in other recipes with other ingredients, including medicine.
1. Spiced banana smoothie
The first is a breakfast recipe you can enjoy with a special touch of turmeric. Preparing it is a breeze and the spices give an Asian flair. You’ll need the following ingredients to make two servings:
- 4 frozen bananas (100 g)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (5 g)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (1.2 g)
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric (1.2 g)
- 750 ml of oat milk (3 ½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon of ground aniseed (1.2 g)
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom (0.5 g)
- First, blend all of the ingredients.
- Once blended, pour the mix into drinking glasses.
- Add a pinch of salt to bring out some flavor.
- This simple smoothie is a great breakfast supplement. Turmeric and aniseed are great for fighting gas and the spices give this smoothie a unique flavor with an oriental touch.
2. Cheese and pumpkin Macaroni
Who doesn’t like macaroni? This intriguing pasta recipe can become a vegan dish just by replacing the cheese with vegan cheese. You’ll need the following:
- 2 tomatoes (40 g)
- ½ onion (40 g)
- ¼ eggplant (20 g)
- ¼ cup of peas (25 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (2.5 g)
- ½ cup of grated cheese (120 g)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (2.5 g)
- 1 package of macaroni (250 g)
- 2 cups of diced pumpkin (400 g)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (2.5 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- Begin by cutting the eggplant, onion, and tomatoes.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables along with the peas.
- Cook the pasta in a separate pot. Once the vegetables are ready, add the cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Separately cook the pumpkin in a pot until it’s soft.
- Blend the pumpkin with the remaining ingredients until it becomes a sauce.
- Finally, add the sauce to the pasta and vegetables; mix and serve.
Check out this article: How to Cook Vegetables That Taste Delicious Every Time
3. Roasted lemon broccoli
Finally, this easy turmeric recipe includes broccoli and lemon. You only need the following in order to prepare it:
- 1 lemon (40 g)
- 1 head of broccoli (100 g)
- 2 garlic cloves (2 g)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric (1.2 g)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (30 g)
- First, wash the head of broccoli and cut off the stem since there’s no need for it. Instead, you can use it in a vegetable soup recipe.
- Place the broccoli pieces in a bowl and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Then, add some squeezed lemon on the garlic slices.
- Add the oil, turmeric, and a little lemon zest to bring out the flavors.
- Finally, mix everything with the chopped broccoli and bake them on a baking sheet. Twenty minutes in the oven is all that’s necessary to cook this recipe.