The Top 5 Salad Recipes to Keep from Going Hungry
In order to eat healthy foods and not go hungry, you should choose recipes that incorporate foods that will make you feel full without having an excessive amount of calories
Eating healthy and natural foods while losing weight at the same time requires a diet based on some strict criteria. However, the five best salad recipes we’ll share with you here will help you achieve that goal.
Many people see salads as mere appetizers that prolong your hunger. However, this isn’t the case: the key is in the combination of ingredients that you include.
Leafy greens, which you can eat in unlimited quantities, are mixed with carrots, which help you feel full. Chicken, avocado, tofu, and hard boiled eggs all fulfill the same function.
The best thing about these five salad recipes is that you won’t go hungry, and you won’t gain weight.
1-Broccoli, avocado, and cherry tomatoesContrary to the popular belief, avocados won’t make you fat.
Instead, they regulate your blood sugar, control triglyceride levels, lower bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol, provide antioxidants, and prevent degenerative diseases.
One good option is to combine avocado with broccoli and tomato, which are known for their cancer fighting properties.
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of an avocado
- The juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (10 g)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, toasted with a little vinegar (15 seeds)
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Wash the broccoli well and add it to the boiling water along with the sea salt for five minutes. Drain, and rinse it in a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- For the dressing, mix the lemon juice, oil, and a pinch of salt. Adjust according to taste.
- Slice the avocado into small pieces and mix it with the broccoli.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, the sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and the dressing.
See also: 6 surprising foods with bad cholesterol
2-Spaghetti with shrimp
You can still have spaghetti in your diet, in small portions. However, it’s best to use whole grain pasta and limit this dish to lunchtime.
- 1 pound of spaghetti pasta (240 g)
- 1 pound of shrimp (300 g)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 dried chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (64 g)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook for seven to nine minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the dried chili pepper and the chopped garlic.
- Just before the garlic begins to brown, add the shrimp and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Place the pasta in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
3-White bean salad
- 1/2 of a red pepper
- 2 cups of white beans (400 g)
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1/2 of a tomato
- Oil, salt, and vinegar to taste
- Allow the beans to soak overnight. The next day, bring them to a simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Chop the pepper, onion, and tomato into small pieces.
- Once the beans are ready, let them cool and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables and dress the salad with oil, salt, and vinegar.
- You can also prepare this recipe with pre-cooked or canned beans. Be sure to drain and rinse them before adding the vegetables.
We recommend you read: Health benefits of potatoes
4-Broccoli with potatoes, egg, and turkey
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cooked or roasted turkey or chicken breast (200 g)
- Olive oil
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes. Then, peel them and cut into cubes.
- Boil the three eggs in a small saucepan. Then, peel the eggs and slice them.
- Bring a little water to boil with some salt. Add the broccoli and cook for seven minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the turkey or chicken, which should be sliced into strips or cubed.
- Once the meat is almost cooked, add the broccoli, potato, and egg to the pan for one to to additional minutes.
- 1 pound of tuna (300 g)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (70 g)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (10 ml)
- Dill (to taste)
- 1 tomato
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the canned tuna and add it to a bowl.
- Wash the onion and celery, and chop them into small pieces. Mix in with the tuna.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill, and add this dressing to the tuna and vegetables.
- Add the tomato slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.