The Best Vegetables for Weight Loss
We’ve talked before about how to best prepare and eat fruits to promote weight loss… why not do the same with vegetables today? While most vegetables are good for you regardless, it’s worth mentioning that in order to lose weight it also depends on how you cook and combine them.
That’s why we want to share this information with you so you can start applying it to your daily diet and start losing those leftover pounds by eating right and getting a little exercise. A little effort goes a long way.
Let’s learn what the best vegetables are for weight loss, and how to prepare them.
You might be surprised to learn that spinach belongs to the same family as beets and chard. It’s delicious, goes well with many different dishes, and is ideal for promoting weight loss. Let’s find out why:
- Spinach is largely made up of water and proteins.
- It’s very low in carbohydrates.
- The stems are high in fiber, so never cut them off.
- Do you know how many nutrients spinach contains in its leaves? Countless! In particular vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, and B6 stand out, alongside iron, magnesium, calcium, and a cocktail of antioxidants.
How should you prepare spinach to promote weight loss?
- Sautéed spinach is your best bet. Don’t boil it – you’ll lose a lot of the nutrients, especially calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Spinach is a great option for lunch or dinner. You can sauté it with a little garlic and olive oil, or simply combine raw spinach leaves with some pineapple and nuts for a delicious salad.
Delicious and refreshing, cucumber is also one of the best vegetables to add to your diet thanks to the content of tartronic acid in the pulp, which helps prevent the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. And don’t forget the cellulose contained in cucumber, which quietly promotes better digestion, eliminates toxins, and reduces cholesterol levels.
Cucumber water recipe
- 1 cucumber
- 1 liter of water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Begin by washing and peeling the cucumber. Then puree the pulp in a blender with the water and lemon juice. It’s simple!
- Add the tablespoon of chia seeds to your first cup of this beverage and let them soak for a few minutes before drinking. Chia will further aid in weight loss.
- Drink one cup of this liquid 20 minutes before each meal.
- Continue this treatment for five days and then rest for 10. This regular routine will promote weight loss.
You might be surprised to see peppers on this list because they have such a strong flavor and can even upset certain peoples’ stomachs. The secret to using peppers for weight loss is to consume them raw and in small amounts. That’s how you’ll be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- According to the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of California, peppers help the body burn more calories.
- Peppers, regardless of their variety or what color they are, are rich in capsaicin, a compound that helps increase your body temperature and, therefore, promotes weight loss.
How should you eat peppers to lose weight?
Always consume them in raw form and in small quantities, chopped or very thinly sliced and added to your salads. Try to add a little pepper every day to your diet.
Tomatoes are an ideal detox food. They’re rich in antioxidants, bioflavonoids, vitamins A, B, C, B3, and K, minerals like phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and manganese… and they also contain very few calories. Tomatoes are, as you can see, one of the best vegetables for a weight loss diet.
Slimming tomato juice
- 1 tomato
- 2 cups of water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 carrots
- First, wash the tomatoes and carrots and puree them in your blender. Once you have the vegetable juice, mix it with to cups of cold water and add the lemon juice.
- You can drink this slimming beverage 20 minutes before your meals over the course of five days. Take a break for another five days and begin the routine again. If you keep a healthy diet and get a little exercise every day, you’ll notice you’re losing a few pounds. And in addition to that, tomato juice is delicious!
5. Onion and garlic
Both onions and garlic are excellent for promoting weight loss while improving your overall health. Both of these will help eliminate toxins and excess fat that build up in the body, enhancing the function of your liver and protecting cardiovascular health.
They help prevent and reduce fluid retention and are also effective natural antibiotics. Why wouldn’t you want to add them to your diet?
How should you use garlic and onions for weight loss?
- Start your day off by consuming a raw clove of garlic with a glass of water on an empty stomach.
- Add some raw onion to your salads by chopping it very finely. Eating onion raw retains more of its beneficial properties and helps it perform its cleansing functions more efficiently.