The Best Smoothies for Trimming Your Tummy
Filled with healthy fruits and veggies, smoothies are great for your healthy lifestyle. Try out these combos that boast flavor while trimming your tummy!
It’s almost spring, and summer will be here in no time. Trimming your tummy and following a healthy diet are probably already on your mind. Maybe you’re trying to get ready for the beach or just looking for a better way to lose those extra pounds around your belly…
Maybe you promised yourself that this would be your last year wearing a one-piece swimsuit, or you’ve realized that none of your bikinis fit you anymore. Whatever your reasons, check out today’s article where we’ll give you some great recipes for smoothies that are great for trimming your tummy and getting your recommended veggie intake!
Why does fat accumulate in the abdomen?
This part of your body tends to accumulate fat and toxins. Nevertheless, a less than flat abdomen can become a bigger problem than just having a larger stomach that’s hard to hide. In fact, a large stomach can be a sign of serious health problems.
Humans are built to store fat because originally we didn’t have access to a lot of food. However, nowadays fat builds up in the abdomen when we don’t take control over what we eat, the type of food we choose, or simply because we don’t get enough exercise.
Excessive abdominal fat and a large waist measurement have been reported to be key factors when evaluating obesity. Moreover, a study carried out in Queen’s University, Canada, showed that waist circumference was a better measurement for obesity-related weight risk than body composition or even weight. This means trimming your tummy might be in your health’s best interest!
See also: The best teas for a flat stomach
Smoothies and juices for trimming your tummyBoth your health and your tan will thank you if you decide to start trimming your tummy. Getting more fruits and veggies into your diet can be hard, in particular when it comes to reaching those coveted “9 portions a day”. Nevertheless, there’s no need to wait for warmer temperatures to start dieting.
You can start by drinking most of your veggies for the day! Smoothies are a great way to up your vegetable intake without even noticing. There’s still plenty of time to get your body into great shape for summer, and no doubt you’re already thinking about your next vacation. Trimming your tummy is easier than you’d think, and you can enjoy these smoothies and juices any time of year. You’ll be beach-ready in no time!
Smoothie with papaya, flaxseed, oats, and honey
Papaya is a rich fruit that also helps trim the fat around your belly. More so, when you add other goodies like flaxseed and honey, it becomes a force to be reckoned when it comes to your health! For instance, this smoothie will improve your digestion, reducing inflammation as well as trimming an inch or two from your waistline.
- 1 cup of papaya, chopped (140 g)
- 2 cups of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed or linseed (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Cut the papaya into cubes and add it to the blender.
- Toss in the seeds, oats, and honey. Finally, add water.
- Blend well until a homogeneous liquid is formed.
Drink this on an empty stomach every day for a week.
Pineapple, ginger, coconut, and oat smoothie
This bright yellow smoothie has all kinds of benefits for your body. A research team in India proved the many benefits pineapple has on our health, and this smoothie has heaps of it. Specifically, pineapple aids in digestion, it fights fluid retention, eliminates toxins, and promotes weight loss. Want to know how to make it?
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger (1.6 g)
- 2 tablespoons of ground coconut (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (20 g)
- Stevia, to taste
- All you need to do is blend all of the ingredients together for a few minutes until you get a smooth, creamy beverage. Drink this smoothie on an empty stomach for one week.
You might also like: Detox Your Body with Papaya and Pineapple
Pineapple and celery smoothieWe have already seen the many benefits pineapple has for health. However, when paired with celery, it truly excels. The next smoothie is a highly effective tonic and diuretic for fighting fluid retention, as well as battling the buildup of toxins and excess waste. It also contains lots of water, vitamins, and minerals, making it an amazing elixir for your health. More so, as if that weren’t enough, it gives you a full feeling that prevents you from overeating during your meals.
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 5 stalks of celery
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (3.75 g)
- Chop the celery.
- Add everything to your blender and process well.
Drink this three times a week, on an empty stomach for best results.
Pineapple, aloe, and honey smoothie
This recipe is excellent for soothing your stomach while stimulating the function of your liver and colon, two organs that help eliminate toxins from your body while burning fat. Furthermore, this tasty smoothie is also good for relieving heartburn and fighting constipation.
- A stalk of an aloe plant
- 1 cup of pineapple juice (250 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey (3.75 g)
- Cut the stalk of aloe open lengthwise and scrape out the gel.
- Add the aloe gel to your blender with freshly squeezed pineapple juice. Although we call for pineapple juice, you can substitute slices of pineapple if you prefer. You should also add the honey.
- Blend well.
Drink this every day on an empty stomach.
Blueberries and yogurt smoothie
You can use berries as well as raspberries in this recipe. It would still taste amazing! More so, both blueberries and raspberries help eliminate toxins and prevent you from being ravenous in between meals. It’s a good idea to drink this at a time when you feel really hungry (in the afternoons when you get home from work, for example).
- 1 cup of skim milk (250 ml)
- A handful of blueberries
- 1 cup of yogurt (natural or any variety with berries)
- Ice cubes
- Wash the berries thoroughly.
- Add them to your blender with the yogurt and milk.
If it’s hot outside, add ice. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
Pineapple and orange smoothieThese two are the main ingredients, but the actual recipe contains many other benefits.
This smoothie is perfect for after your workouts when you’re extremely hungry, and it can even be a substitute for dinner on some nights. We recommend only drinking a cup of it a day; it will be a great aid in trimming your tummy!
- 3 oranges
- 1 handful of strawberries
- Half a pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- A banana
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (12 g)
- 1 cup of skim milk (you can substitute soy or almond milk if you prefer)
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and add it to the blender.
- Slice the pineapple, strawberries, and banana, and add them along with the honey, vanilla, and milk.
Blend everything well and enjoy!