The 6 Best Breakfast Options to Lose Weight the Healthy Way
There are as many delicious breakfast options to lose weight as there are days in the calendar. You just need to be creative. The goal is to make breakfast a pleasant experience. After all, it's the start of your day!
When you want to lose weight, you probably think that stopping eating is the best solution. If so, you’re wrong. You shouldn’t skip any meal, much less the first.
In this article, we’ll give you 6 breakfast options to help you lose weight.
To reach your ideal size, you should eat at least 5 times a day with a balanced diet. Since breakfast is the first meal your body receives after many hours asleep, it’s extremely important.
Breakfast is the portion of food that gives you the energy you need for your daily routine. During the night, your sugar levels drop and your body wakes up empty and fatigued.
Therefore, a good breakfast will help keep your body healthy.
Eating early helps you to speed up your metabolism. This way, you burn fat and lose weight naturally and quickly.
So, if you’re trying to lose weight, don’t skip breakfast. There are other reasons you should also keep in mind:
- If you don’t eat breakfast, your metabolism will work slowly. It’ll protect the only energy you have from the previous day. Therefore, it will store and reserve fat and you’ll gain weight.
- Similarly, if you wait too long before eating, you’ll increase your body’s response to insulin and cause your body to store more fat and gain weight.
- If you eat breakfast, you won’t feel anxious during the day. This is because you won’t feel the need to eat excessively. If you skip breakfast, you will want to eat a lot and won’t be able to control it as well. This can lead to unhealthy snack choices.
Breakfasts that help you lose weight need to contain all three macro-nutrients (carbohydrates, lipids and fats). Plus, you can’t forget protein! It makes you feel full longer while you’re going about your day.
A breakfast of only grains or a standard breakfast – which typically only contains carbohydrates and fats – will make you feel full for a short amount of time. Then, later in the day, you’ll eat a lot more.
Here, we are going to give you six basic rules for a healthy breakfast. They aren’t complicated, but when it comes to wanting to quickly lose weight, desperation might make you make bad decisions.
- Add at least 8 grams of fiber. Breakfast should help you lose weight, not gain it. For this, you need to choose foods that contain fiber. That way, you’ll be full until snack time or lunch. Fiber digests slowly, so you won’t feel like you need to eat.
- Avoid eating refined carbohydrates. You can replace cereals with whole grains, but if you need to lose weight urgently, choose fiber from fruit instead.
- You should eat breakfast, at the most, one hour after waking up.
- Add more protein and less sugar.
- Breakfast should be a powerful start to the day, but you shouldn’t overeat. It should contain a maximum of 350 calories.
- Never skip it.
- 1 cup of skip milk
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 2 slices of whole grain bread with sugar-free jam
- A fruit: it can be kiwi, peach or strawberry
- A scrambled egg
- Non-fat yogurt with whole grains
- A fruit: either an apple or a banana
- 1 cup of coffee with milk
- 3 breakfast biscuits of your choice
- Wholegrain toast with a boiled egg
- Chia seeds
- 1 cup of coffee with skim milk
- A cooked egg
- 1 slice of avocado (50 g)
- Chia seeds
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread
- Tomato cut into slices
- 1/2 glass of skim milk
- 1 slice of rye bread
- 2 slices of unsalted cheese (40 g)
- Spinach leaves
- 1 cup peach chunks
- 1/2 glass skim milk
- 1 cup cayenne pepper tea with honey
- A small slice of wholegrain bread
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 1 slice of ham
- Avocado, cubed (to taste)
- 1 glass of grapefruit juice
These examples can be a guide for you to plan healthy breakfasts. Make sure that your plan contains foods rich in fiber and nutrients. You can add oats, nuts, and green leaves such as spinach, lettuce and watercress.
- Whole wheat bread: The fiber in this food will give you a lot of energy, and you’ll feel full.
- Eggs: They contain high levels of protein and healthy fats that serve as an energy source.
- Fruit: Fruit contains all the vitamins and minerals you need to start the day with energy. Additionally, it’s composed of natural sugars that can be a replacement for sweets.
There are as many delicious breakfast options to lose weight as there are days in the calendar. You just need to be creative. The goal is to make breakfast a pleasant experience. After all, it’s the start of your day!