The 6 Best Breakfast Options to Lose Weight Healthily
There are thousands of options for things to eat first thing in the morning; foods to energize you and help you lose weight, without going hungry. For that reason, in this article, we’ll give you 6 breakfast options to help you lose weight healthily.
When you want to lose weight, you probably think that stopping eating is the best solution. If so, you’re wrong. You shouldn’t skip any meal, much less the first because that’s the most important.
To reach your ideal size, you should eat at least 5 times a day with a balanced diet. Because it’s the first meal your body receives after many hours asleep, breakfast is extremely important.
Breakfast is the meal that gives you the energy you need for your daily routine. During the night, your sugar levels drop and your body wakes up empty and fatigued.
Therefore, a good breakfast will help keep your body healthy and help you to avoid unhealthy foods during the day.
The morning key to jump-start your metabolism
Eating early helps you to speed up your metabolism. This way, you burn fat and lose weight healthily, naturally, and quickly. So, if you’re trying to lose weight, don’t skip breakfast. There are also other reasons you should keep in mind:
- If you don’t eat breakfast, your metabolism will work slowly. It’ll protect the only energy you have from the previous day. Therefore, it will store and reserve fat, which can lead to weight gain.
- If you eat breakfast, you won’t feel anxious about eating during the day and you won’t eat excessively. If you skip breakfast, you’ll want to eat a lot and won’t be able to control it as well. This can lead to unhealthy snack choices and weight gain.
- Similarly, if you wait too long before eating, you’ll increase your body’s response to insulin and cause your body to store more fat and gain weight.
More protein at breakfast
In truth, breakfast should contain all three macro-nutrients: carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. You shouldn’t miss those last ones! They’ll help you feel full longer while you’re going about your day.
A breakfast of only grains or a standard breakfast – which typically only contains carbohydrates and fats – will make you feel full for a short amount of time. Then, later in the day, you’ll eat a lot more, which can make you gain weight.
The basic rules for a healthy breakfast
Here, we are going to give you six basic rules for a healthy breakfast. They can help you stay on the path to healthy choices.
- Add at least 8 grams of fiber. Breakfast should help you lose weight, not gain it. For this, you need to choose foods that contain fiber. That way, you’ll be full until snack time or lunch. Fiber digests slowly, so you won’t feel like you need to eat.
- Avoid eating refined carbohydrates. You can replace cereals with whole grains, but if you want to lose weight quickly, choose fruit-based fiber instead.
- You should eat breakfast, at the most, one hour after waking up.
- Add more protein and less sugar.
- Breakfast should be a powerful start to the day, but you shouldn’t overeat.
- Lastly: never skip it.
Don’t forget to read: The Best Foods to Satisfy Your Hunger
6 breakfasts to lose weight healthily
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread with sugar-free jam
- A fruit: it can be kiwi, peach, or strawberry
- A scrambled egg
- 3 breakfast biscuits of your choice
- 1 cup of coffee with milk
- Non-fat yogurt with whole grains
- A fruit: either an apple or a banana
- Chia seeds
- 1 cup of coffee with skimmed milk
- 2 slices of wholegrain toast with a boiled egg
- A boiled egg
- Chia seeds
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread
- 1 slice of avocado (1 3/4 oz.)
- 2 tomatoes cut into slices
- 1/2 glass of skimmed milk
- Spinach leaves to taste
- 1 slice of rye bread
- 1 cup peach chunks
- 2 slices of unsalted cheese (1 2/5 oz.)
- 1/2 glass skimmed milk
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 slice of ham
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- Avocado, cubed (to taste)
- 1 glass of grapefruit juice
- 1 cup cayenne pepper tea with honey
These examples can be a guide for you to plan your breakfasts to lose weight healthily. Make sure that your plan contains foods rich in fiber and nutrients. You can add oats, nuts, and green leaves such as spinach, lettuce, and watercress.
You may also be interested in: 5 Healthy Spinach Recipes to Enjoy Every Day
- Wholegrain bread: the fiber in this food will give you a lot of energy, and you’ll feel full.
- Eggs: they contain high levels of protein and healthy fats that serve as an energy source.
- Fruit: fruit contains all the vitamins and minerals you need to start the day with energy. Additionally, they’re composed of natural sugars that can be a replacement for candies.
Be creative and always eat a rich and healthy breakfast
There are as many delicious breakfast options to lose weight as there are days on the calendar. You just need to be creative to avoid making it a complete task. The goal is to make breakfast a pleasant experience. After all, it’s the start of your day!