The 5 Best Natural Ways to Tame Frizzy Hair
Are you tired of having frizzy, out-of-control hair? Go ahead and try any of these treatments and you’ll see that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to tame frizzy hair.
Frizz is a common problem that most women will face at some point. It can make your hair look poofy or staticky and it not only ruins your hairstyle but can make you look unkempt. So, it’s no wonder many women go to great lengths to tame frizzy hair.
Frizz occurs when hair is in a negatively charged state that causes the strands to swell and become tangled. It’s also caused by excessive dryness, brought on by a loss of natural oils and nutrients.
You might like: 5 Hair Masks to Prevent Frizz
How to Tame Frizzy Hair?
The good news is that you can tame frizzy hair with a few natural and inexpensive treatments that will moisturize strands and seal cuticles. Here you’ll find five useful recipes that you can easily add to your existing hair care routine.
1. Banana and Lemon Conditioner
This natural conditioner made of bananas and lemons is filled with antioxidants and astringent substances that will eliminate dead cells and regulate the pH of your scalp.
Additionally, the nutrient content of the mask improves natural oil production and helps tame frizzy hair.
- 1 ripe banana
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Mash the banana and mix in the juice from half a lemon.
- With damp hair, separate it into several sections and apply this product from the roots to the tips.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing as usual.
- Repeat this procedure at least three times a week.
You might like: 5 homemade masks for shiny hair
2. Avocado and Egg Yolk Cream
This moisturizer made with avocado and egg yolk will help seal the cuticles of your hair and avoid the static effect of frizz.
These ingredients contain essential fatty acids and protein, both of which are necessary to keep your hair strong and hydrated.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- Scrape out the pulp from the avocado and mash it using a fork.
- Mix in the egg yolk until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Apply this cream to damp hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse as usual and repeat three times a week.
3. Honey and Yogurt Mask
The nutrients in honey and yogurt help moisturize dry hair that tends to suffer from frizz.
Both ingredients help regulate the pH of your scalp and alleviate any weakening of the hair strands that leads to hair loss.
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (100 g)
- Combine the honey and plain yogurt.
- Apply mask to damp hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Let sit for 40 minutes and then rinse.
- Repeat two to three times a week.
4. Coconut Milk and Olive Oil Conditioner
Coconut milk is a product that’s rich in amino acids and healthy fats that help restore damaged and frizzy hair.
You can combine it with olive oil to get a moisturizing and frizz-fighting conditioner.
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (48 g)
- Mix the olive oil and coconut milk together
- Spray this conditioner onto damp or dry hair from the scalp to the tips.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this treatment twice a week.
5. Brewer’s Yeast and Coconut Oil Mask
Brewer’s yeast contains protein to help repair damaged hair, especially when it tends to fall out a lot. When you combine it with coconut oil you get a refreshing mask that’s ideal for moisturizing the roots and preventing frizz.
- 2 tablespoons of brewer’s yeast (20 g)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (50 g)
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl until you obtain a creamy paste.
- When hair is damp, separate it into sections and apply the mask.
- Once the product has been applied, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse using your regular products and repeat this application two to three times a week.
Are you tired of having frizzy, unruly hair? Go ahead and try any of these treatments and you’ll see that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to tame frizzy hair. They will also provide your hair with an abundance of nutrients that will keep it strong and healthy.