When you can’t get rid of the liquids retained in your body and you are experiencing certain signs from the body, the best thing you can do is turn to diuretic infusions. Drinking them will bring you relief.
Diuretic foods, infusions and substances increase the ability of your excretory system to eliminate urine.
Thus, these infusions help the body to get rid of toxins, reduce liquid retention considerably and prevent bloating of the abdomen and stomach area.
The 4 most diuretic infusions
There is a great variety of diuretic plants in the vegetable world. However, the most powerful ones are the following:
This infusion is known for being a powerful diuretic and is commonly used to counteract liquid retention. It’s excellent for eliminating toxins and cleansing the body.
- You’ll need a tablespoon (15 g) of dandelion and a cup of water (150 ml).
- Boil the water in a pan and, when it reaches boiling point, add the dandelion.
- Leave it on the heat for 3 minutes then turn it off, cover it and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- You can drink this infusion three times a day, preferably before each meal to enjoy its benefits.
- To prepare this soup you need dandelion leaves, two bunches of spring onions, a clove of garlic, three medium carrots, a leek, four cups of vegetable stock (600 ml) and salt.
- Preparing it is simple. Chop the spring onions, the leek, the carrots and the garlic and boil them in a pan until they are tender.
- Add the dandelion leaves to the mix, chopped up into small pieces. To finish, cook for 5 minutes and cover the mixture with the vegetable stock.
- Leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, cover and wait a short while before serving.
We recommend you read: 7 Incredible and Natural Dandelion Benefits
Another of the most diuretic infusions is the well-known horsetail. Its function is to activate your kidneys and improve the health of those who suffer from uric acid problems, rheumatism or arthritis.
Horsetail increases the levels of urine and this helps the body cleanse itself and avoid the accumulation of toxins in the blood.
This plant can be found in infusions and tablets. Both have the same effects.
- To prepare the infusion, you need approximately one liter of water and a couple of tablespoons (30 g) of horsetail.
- First, mix the ingredients and then heat them until the water boils.
- Wait 3 or 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Leave it to steep for 15 minutes, then drink it.
Arenaria is a diuretic plant that is easy to recognize because it forms beautiful clusters of white and sometimes pink flowers. This shrub only flowers twice a year. Its components include:
- Triterpenic saponins.
These components particularly act on the gallbladder. This process enables us to eliminate a great quantity of fats, toxins and waste that remain in the body.
- The best way of consuming it is to place 40 grams of dried arenaria in approximately one liter of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Then, leave it to steep for another 10 minutes.
- After drinking it, it’s a good idea to drink lots of water, because arenaria sends you to the bathroom frequently. If you don’t recover the liquids lost, your body will become dehydrated.
4. Artichoke leaves
Artichoke is a vegetable that contains inulin and cynarin in its leaves. These substances are responsible for facilitating digestion and excretion, as well as promoting the elimination of liquids and therefore also toxins.
Artichoke helps protect the liver. For this reason it is prescribed to people who suffer from hepatitis; it also acts as a cholagogue, increasing and stimulating the expulsion of bile.
- To enjoy this diuretic infusion you need to put a few artichoke leaves into boiling water and leave them to boil for no more than 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and leave it to stand for 10 minutes with the leaves still in the water.
To drink it, you need to strain it. You can drink up to three cups a day, preferably before meals. Also, it’s recommended not to drink it more than 24 hours after preparing the infusion, because it can cause intestinal problems.