Moisturize Dry Skin With These 4 Household Products
To moisturize dry skin, we can take advantage of some household ingredients that help hydrate the skin without damaging it or using harmful chemicals.
Dry skin doesn’t only affect the dermis; while it might not be a serious condition, it can be very annoying for those who have it. If you want to moisturize your skin, there are some different household products you can incorporate into your daily care routine that might help to keep it hydrated.
A good way to care for dry skin at home is to use natural products. With them, you can clean, hydrate, exfoliate, and tone your skin.
Pay close attention to the following article, where we show you some of our favorite recipes for dry skin, and how to use them.
Almond oil moisturizer
If your skin is dry, what would be better to hydrate it than a natural oil? When it comes to skin care, almond oil is the natural product of choice. As well as being great for your skin, almond oil can be easily found in most drugstores.
Firstly, almond oil has a high content of fatty acids and antioxidants. This is because it is rich in Vitamin A (which, according to this study by the Dessau Medical Center, is highly beneficial for the skin) and Vitamin E, which, as confirmed by this investigation by the SMHS Hospital of Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir in India, plays an important role in protecting the epithelial zone.
Let’s take a look at how to prepare an almond oil moisturizer to stop your skin looking dry.
- 2 cups of hot water (500 ml)
- Half a tablespoon of almond oil (7.5 g)
- Hand towel
How to apply
- Firstly, wet your face with the hot water.
- Next, pour the almond oil into your hands and rub them together.
- Then, massage the oil into your face using circular motions.
- Continue this motion for a couple of minutes and then dampen the hand towel with hot water.
- Wring the towel out well, and then place it on your face, being careful not to burn yourself. Let sit until the towel cools to room temperature.
- Finally, clean your face with the cloth. Repeat this procedure 3 times a week.
Yoghurt and mashed potato moisturizer
When you want to hydrate your dry skin, using a mixture of household products like yogurt and potatoes is an excellent choice. Yogurt contains lactic acid which, according to information from the Farma-Química Sur medical department at the Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Farmacéuticos in Granada, Spain, can help to hydrate the skin, to eliminate dead cells, and acts as a natural exfoliant.
However, there is insufficient scientific evidence to prove the supposed benefits of potato for the skin. But if you still want to use it:
- 1 cup of yogurt (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons of mashed potatoes
How to apply
- Firstly, combine the yogurt and mashed potatoes until they are well mixed.
- Apply directly to your face and cover up until your neck.
- Let the mask sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Your skin will look brand new!
- Repeat this home treatment 2 times a week.
3. Clay, a natural moisturizer
Clay has numerous properties, including antibacterial effects, according to an investigation carried out by the University of Zaragoza. These compounds clean the deep layers of the skin, giving it a healthy appearance.
However, for what we want to achieve, we suggest using white clay powder. Try to not mix it with water at first. This way, you can ensure that you will be able to make the amount that you are going to need and you will always get effective results.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 5 tablespoons of white clay powder (50 g)
- 1 pepper
How to apply
- Firstly, combine the white clay powder with water until it is well mixed.
- Then, peel and cut the pepper into slices and add it to the mixture.
- Next, mix with your hands until you have a paste-like substance.
- Apply to your face, covering up until your neck and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Its tendency to harden is what will leave your face with your desired smoothness.
- Use this mask 3 times a week and your face will be soft and moisturized.
You might also like: How to Make a Coffee Clay Cream to Firm Flabby Skin
Egg skin moisturizer
When it comes to skin care, egg is the product of choice for many, as its natural structure is optimal for hydrating dry skin. It contains Vitamin E (which we discussed earlier in this article) and Vitamin B12. According to an investigation by the Saveetha University, B12 deficiency can cause a number of different skin conditions, so including it in your face masks is a great idea.
For this mask, we’ve decided to mix the egg with oats to create a more effective formula.
- 2 eggs
- Half a cup of oat flakes
How to apply
- Firstly, mix the eggs with the oat flakes until they are completely mixed.
- Then, using the brush, apply the mask evenly to your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Repeat this 2 times a week and you will see surprising results.