What teas can help you lose weight?
Adding teas to your weight loss diet can be very helpful because they reduce fluid retention.
Certain teas and infusions help your body remove fluids and toxins while also providing fiber. That’s why they’re a great way to burn fat and lower your cholesterol.
That said, it’s important to highlight that these medicinal herbs are not miracle remedies and do not act alone. So, for results they need to be a part of a healthy, balanced diet.
This is the way to take advantage of teas that won’t just help you lose weight but also keep vital organs like your liver and pancreas in good condition. In this article we’re going to tell you about some of the best options.
Green tea is an herb that’s rich in antioxidants like catechins and isoflavones. These compounds help your body prevent premature cellular aging. They also get your circulation and metabolism going, which helps keep your artery walls from hardening.
Plus, thanks to its potassium and magnesium content, green tea helps remove excess fluids from your body. You can consume green tea in different forms:
- tea: it’s great hot or iced, or mixed with other ingredients.
- powder: it can be used in all kinds of recipes.
- capsules: note that the quality depends on processing and its origin. Consult a specialist for the recommended dose.
Artichoke has qualities that make it good at removing excess fluid from your body. In tea form it is a diuretic, which also means it help remove toxins. Other qualities:
- It contains high levels of minerals that are very important for your metabolism: magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium.
- It helps regulate your digestion and speed up your metabolism, which will help make you feel fuller longer. This way you can more easily control your food intake and eat a more balanced diet.
Fucus is a brown algae and comes in many different types. It contains high levels of potassium and magnesium, and therefore it helps remove excess fluids from your body.
Fucus is also rich in algin, a substance that can absorb up to 100 times its own weight in water. This further increases its ability to prevent fluid retention.
In addition, it provides carbohydrates and has good laxative and diuretic properties. It also stands out for its high iodine content, which means it stimulates the thyroid gland.
That said, other than its beneficial effects in relation to fluid retention, there is no clear evidence of its contribution to weight loss.
Drinking cayenne pepper tea helps you consume fewer calories. Like the rest of the teas on our list, it helps prevent fluid retention. By regularly consuming cayenne pepper, you can stimulate your metabolism by up to 25%.
- It is recommended to ingest a teaspoon a day, spread out between lunch and dinner.
- Cayenne pepper can help with weight loss, as long as it is a part of a balanced and healthy diet.
Star anise tea
Drinking infusions made from star anise can help you lose weight. It is also an excellent diuretic, helping your body properly eliminate toxins and fluids.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 or 3 star anise seeds
- Add 2 or 3 star anise seeds to a cup of boiling water and drink once a day.
Mint teas help satisfy your appetite, thus enabling you to eat less and burn more calories. Like the other teas, it’s also good for fluid retention and thus weight loss.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves (15 g)
- Heat a cup of water and once boiling add the mint leaves
- Let steep for a few minutes.
- Strain and drink.