Tea and Oatmeal Remedy for More Energy
You don’t need to be an athlete to require a boost of energy from time to time. Some days you might wake up more tired than usual and find yourself looking in the mirror, wondering how you’ll ever be able to face the day.
And what about those evenings you come home from work with a never-ending list of things to do? Don’t panic – today we’ll give you a simple tip to help you recover those energy levels instantly. It’s so easy to prepare that it will become your go-to resource to always have on hand. Check it out!
Herbal energy booster with oatmeal and rhodiola tea
- Fights fatigue and general weakness;
- Improves circulation and the supply of oxygen to the brain, which may also help to reduce headaches;
- Improves concentration levels;
- Provides an antioxidant “cocktail” with vitamins and minerals, perfect for anytime you feel weak, dizzy, or just low. It’s a natural tonic that’s great for people who have a weakened immune system.
How do you make it?
- 1 cup of mineral water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes (40 grams)
- 1 rhodiola tea bag, or 20 grams of rhodiola
- 2 tablespoons of honey (40 grams)
You might be wondering: what is rhodiola tea? Well, we’ll start by telling you that it’s easy to find in specialty food stores and even in your normal grocery store’s tea section.
Rhodiola is a medicinal plant that Russian soldiers used to regain their strength during battle. In China, for example, it’s know as the “golden root,” thanks to its restorative and energizing properties. It can also help improve your mood.
You may also know that rhodiola is known for its ability to help reduce chronic stress levels, fight fatigue and strengthen the immune system. Remember that people who have very high levels of stress also have lower immune defenses and are more susceptible to infections and diseases.
Don’t hesitate to keep rhodiola tea on hand at home.
How much can we say about the benefits of oatmeal? We talk all the time about them on this blog. Considered a superfood, oats are rich in vitamins and minerals, helping to regulate “bad” cholesterol levels and strengthen your overall health, while helping you watch your weight. It’s truly amazing.
Don’t forget to read:
How do you prepare this energizing beverage?
- The first thing you need to do is pick up some rhodiola tea. If you buy it as tea bags, just add one tea bag to half a cup of hot water. If you buy loose rhodiola tea at a natural foods store, you should prepare your tea in a pot. Let it steep in half a cup of water at a low boil for 20 minutes.
- Now prepare the oatmeal. If you use quick cooking oats, this will be much faster. Just add two tablespoons of this variety to half a cup of water and bring them to a boil. It’s simple. If you use regular oats, you’ll need to let them soak for two hours first.
- Then add the rhodiola tea and oatmeal to the blender. Process them until they’re well-mixed. You’ll see that your beverage soon acquires a nice, creamy smell.
- Put this mixture through a sieve to remove any remaining solids, and then pour it in your favorite glass. You can add a few ice cubes if you like, or enjoy it at room temperature. It’s entirely up to your preference.
- If you need to sweeten your smoothie, add two tablespoons of honey. Some people also enjoy sprinkling a little ground cinnamon on top. Regardless, you’ll notice that the flavor is mild and pleasant, it feels good when it hits your stomach, and it’s easy to digest. Adult and children alike will love it. It’s also a good option for people who have diabetes.
Drink your smoothie slowly and while sitting down. Enjoy your time to relax a little bit. You’ll notice how, after about half an hour, you’ll feel stronger and more relaxed, more energized. This remedy is suitable at any time of the day, but avoid drinking it more than once a day because too much rhodiola can be quite stimulating.
Are you ready to try this unique blend of rhodiola and oatmeal? Don’t wait – try fighting your fatigue with this simple remedy today!It might interest you...