Sugar Body Scrubs to Fight Dry Skin
When your skin isn’t well nourished, it can become wrinkled, tense, or cracked. If this continues, functions such as the sense of touch and protection against the environment can be seriously affected.
Dryness is one of the most common skin conditions. It’s main cause is from the lack of constant hydration. Dryness consist of inflammation, rigidness, and slight lesions such as small cracks and flaking.
You can recognize dry skin when it becomes rigid and wrinkled. The problem gets worse when it starts to burn, flake, and form thin layers of dead skin.
It becomes serious when your skin gets extreme rigidness, excessive wrinkles, lesions, cracks, or intense burning. Your feet, hands, elbows, and knees are usually affected first.
Natural Sugar Remedies for Dryness
Baby Oil and Brown Sugar Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of hydrating baby oil (30 g)
- Mix the two ingredients in a pot until a paste forms. When it’s compact, apply it all throughout your body. Especially on the roughest areas such as your elbows, knees, and heels.
- While you apply the scrub, gradually massage your body in circular motions to activate your boy’s circulation. Message yourself for at least five minutes and rinse with warm water.
- You should do this routine at least once every fifteen days to eliminate the build up of dead skin cells.
By following these tips, you’ll eliminate dead skin cells in a healthy and natural way. Your skin will receive the daily hydration it needs from the baby oil.
It’s a simple and inexpensive remedy. The ingredients are easy to find and it will only take a few minutes to mix and apply it correctly.
Look at this article:
Sugar and Olive Oil Mask
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 cup of olive oil (200 g)
- Essential oil
- Whisk the olive oil and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk until a sticky and thick dough forms. It shouldn’t be watery to prevent it dripping off your face.
- Add a few drops of any aroma. Be careful not to add too much to prevent the scent from being too strong and causing skin irritation.
Ginger essential oil is the best because its peaceful and refreshing. You could also use grapefruit or orange essential oils to refresh your skin.
However, the relaxing effects of lavender is what you need if you plan on putting on the mask at nigh.
Wash your face with warm water before performing the facial. Make sure to remove any excess grease, sweat, or makeup. Pat your skin dry with a towel so the pores remain open.
- Use your fingers to apply the facial mask. Massage it on with circular motions. Don’t forget to keep it away from your eyes and mouth. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, completely rinse it off with cold water. Then, pat your face dry.
- Finally, apply your favorite face moisturizer.
Want to know more?
Banana and Avocado for Dry Skin
Oil isn’t the only option to make sugar scrubs.
- Create a scrub by mixing a ripe banana with brown sugar. It will make your skin smooth and soft as of the first application.
- Scrub it throughout body and massage. This scrub is also good to fight against cellulite, especially on your legs and arms.
- Avocado is also great to make masks: mix mashed avocado with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl and spread it evenly throughout your face.