Stress is More Dangerous in Women Under 50
Stress affects us at any age although we tend to think that when we're young we can withstand more. But stress is actually more dangerous in women under 50.
Women under 50 are at an increased risk of coronary heart disease associated with stress.
As we all know, stress is an enemy we face every day. It’s not healthy when it gets out of hand or when it overwhelms us and alters our physical and mental balance.
However, although this stress is a risk factor for both sexes, recent studies reveal something that should be taken into account.
This is an important fact. In particular, because we usually associate heart attacks or heart problems with older men. However, current statistics show us another reality.
Women today are very vulnerable to stress. We don’t manage it well, and what is worse is that when our body gives us warning signals we often don’t pay attention to them.
We associate them with fatigue or we simply say that “we do not have time to go to the doctor.”
You have to reorganize your priorities. You must prioritize yourself much more and, above all, take the warning signals of stress into account.
Daily stress for women under 50
Maybe the root of the problem lies here. Little by little, small aspects join together to create an entire stressful abyss that we normalize almost without knowing how.
People who have an overwhelming job know how to identify their problematic foci: the pressure to reach objectives, the need to meet the expectations of managers, competitiveness, etc.
Discover more: 7 Heart Attack Symptoms Women Often Ignore
Work is added to the family. Children, if they are young, demand a higher level of attention, for instance.
Children may be added to a relationship problem or sometimes even the need to overcome more and more each day (more studies, projects, caring for more relatives, etc.).
However, this does not mean that men don’t experience these same problems.
What happens is that, on average, the most social, work, personal and emotional demands are presently among women between 30 and also women under 50 years old.
A study published in the magazine Health and conducted by the Rollins School of Public Health Emory University in Atlanta (United States) has come to the same conclusion.
Here is more information.
How women under 50’s hearts cope with stress
The present study has been carried out by the doctor and professor of epidemiology Viola Vaccarino.
- After monitoring more than 700 men and women in various hospitals, she discovered something striking.
- Women under 50 do not react like men do when faced with a stressful situation. Their heart is up to four times more likely to reduce the blood flow to the heart.
- We can not ignore what this means. A decrease in blood flow leads to myocardial ischemia and therefore to a heart attack.
Dr. Vaccarino also discovered that the age group with the highest risk of a stress-related heart attack is between 30 and 50 years old. However, the peak rises especially between 45 and 50 years.
Being young does not free women under 50 from a heart problem
Being young and leading an active life makes us sometimes think we’re invincible.
- According to this study, women under 50 at the highest risk of suffering from a heart problem were those who had sole responsibility for looking after the house.
- Likewise, caring for a dependent family member or having several jobs as well as having small children also raises the risk.
- The real problem in all these cases is that the woman gets used to living this way. To understand that stress is the music of their life.
Finding out why our head hurts so much or why we feel suffocated when we get home becomes an afterthought. What’s even worse is that we’re able to take another person to the doctor for any silly thing but give no importance to what happens to us.
It’s not the right thing to do. No one can make stress their life partner, because sooner or later, it can take our lives.
Face your stress and improve your quality of life
Those responsible for this study published in September leave us a message which we can reflect about. Don’t just take care of your heart. The most important thing you need to take care of is your mind.
- We need to take care of our body. Constant neck or back pain is something that deserves a proper diagnosis. Occasionally, other types of heart-related diseases are hidden.
- We must do sports. Just one hour of aerobic exercise a day.
- Learn to set limits and be clear as to how far you can go.
- Rest and give yourself time. Let out your emotions and surround yourself with people who make you grow, laugh, etc.
- Establish periodic appointments with your doctor.
- Take care of your blood pressure and your cholesterol, no matter what your age.
It’s never too early to start looking after ourselves a little better. Do it before it’s too late.
Finally, we hope you liked our article, for more information on remedies click below!