Spongy Prawn Rice Recipe
Mediterranean cuisine has some amazing benefits, and excellent prawns contribute to them. Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious recipe.
If there’s something remarkable about Mediterranean cuisine, it’s the fabulous variety of the best seafood dishes. For this reason, paella, fried fish, broth and an endless number of preparations are common. Today, you’re about to find out the best way to make a delicious spongy prawn rice recipe.
Would you like to know how to prepare it?
Recommendations for Good Spongy Rice
For this preparation, you won’t just have to mix the rice, shrimp or other ingredients from the sea. The rice technique will also be essential for perfectly making this recipe.
So, before you start, you focus on the type of rice you’re going to use. In order to make delicious spongy prawn rice, it’s recommended that the rice grains should be round.
Also, you have to choose the ingredients that will make the broth. For the best broth:
- Include a good choice of vegetables and seasoning.
- Avoid the use of commercial-flavored cubes.
- Remember that it’s best to add salt only after seasoning.
- Fill it with ingredients that contribute to the flavor of the dish, which is prawns in this case.
Also, you must also focus on the stir-fry mix. It’s the “soul” of the unique flavor of this delicious spongy prawn rice dish.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at how to make this succulent dish.
Read this article, too: Homemade and Easy to Make Seafood Soup Recipe
How to Make Delicious Spongy Prawn Rice
Choosing good rice, along with a few fresh ingredients, is the secret to preparing a spongy prawn rice dish.
- 2 cups of fresh local prawns (240 g)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of bomba rice (180 g)
- 1 branch of leeks (100 g)
- 3 pear tomatoes (360 g)
- 1 green pepper (95 g)
- 1 large onion (120 g)
- 3 cloves of garlic (45 g)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 strands of saffron (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley (30 g)
- Start by washing, draining and cutting the prawns while cleaning out the intestinal strands and doing them to one side (you won’t use that part).
- Set the other parts to side to use them later in the broth.
- Now, you can start to make a quick broth or fish stock.
- Use the heads and skins of the prawns to make it.
- Then, cut the following ingredients into small pieces: cloves of garlic, dried parsley, and pear tomatoes.
- Afterward, add all the ingredients above into a pot for the broth and set the flame on medium-height.
- Add water (approximately 1 liter or 1/2 gallon) and a touch of salt.
- The total time for cooking should not be more than 20 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the intensity of the heat.
Check out this article, too: Delicious Stewed Squid Recipes
“The preparation of a good broth will bring many nuances when you make it”.
- Once you’ve completed the previous step, you just have to strain a little broth.
- To do so, use a cloth and set the broth to the side to add it into prawn rice later on.
- In a warm saucepan or skillet with olive oil, begin to saute the onions, garlic cloves, tomatoes, and salt until the onions look translucent.
- After a few minutes, add the formerly chopped green pepper and paprika to give the sautee more flavor.
- Once the sautee is almost done, add saffron and cook for 15 minutes.
- When it’s almost done, you can add the rice to the casserole and begin to estimate the amount of water. In order to make it soupy, you will need to use more water than rice and cook with the heat to a minimum. You can adjust salt, if necessary.
- Finally, add the rest of the prawns, a touch more of parsley and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
As you can see, if you follow these simple steps, you will enjoy a bowl of delicious spongy prawn rice. It’s worth making this nutritious and tasty dish. You’ll love it!