Some Natural Treatments to Lighten the Inner Thighs
As the years go by, there are certain areas of our skin that tend to darken, such as the armpits, genitals, anus, and crotch. This is something normal that isn’t related to any disease as such. However, for some people it can be an aesthetic problem, so they look for solutions to lighten the inner thighs.
There are dermatological techniques that can lighten these areas in a safe and effective way; the most popular is laser treatment. Of course, the exact procedure chosen will depend on the specific cause of the darkening (sunburn, aging, etc).
Lightening creams, even if they are over-the-counter, are not the most recommended options for all cases, unless the dermatologist recommends one in particular with instructions for its use.
On the other hand, it’s necessary to be careful with the use of home remedies, since in their great majority they are composed of elements that are very aggressive for the skin and that, in addition, to causing irritations and annoyances, can aggravate the problem.
Why do the inner thighs darken?
- Hormonal changes
- Frequent depilation and shaving
- Wearing tight-fitting clothing
- Regular application of talcum powder
- Use of certain hygiene products (soaps or creams with ingredients that darken the areas)
If you like to lighten an area of your skin, then you should consult with a dermatologist and they will indicate the best way of doing it
Natural remedies to lighten the inner thigh
In the world of homemade remedies, certain foods (such as yogurt and rice water) have been used to hydrate and lighten the inner thighs. However, it hasn’t been scientifically proven that such elements are capable of delivering the desired results.
1. Yogurt mask
- On clean, dry skin, apply natural yogurt with the help of a brush
- Leave on for a few minutes
- Rinse and dry well
- Apply a moisturizer
2. Honey and yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive is preferable) (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25g)
- Mix the two ingredients until you get a smooth mix
- Carefully apply to the darkened area
- Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with lukewarm water
- Apply a moisturizer
3. Rice water
- ½ cup rice (50 g)
- 2 cups water (500 ml)
- First, add the rice into a pot of water and bring to a boil without salt or oil
- When it’s cooked, pass it through a strainer and keep the water
- Let it cool and apply the treatment on the dark areas
Read more: Tips to Keep Your Skin Looking Young at 40
To keep in mind
The home remedies described above have no scientific basis and therefore their use isn’t recommended by physicians. They haven’t been shown to effectively lighten the skin and therefore don’t provide a “solution” to the problem of darkening.
On the other hand, homemade remedies with lemon, baking soda, salt and the like are not recommended because they can cause irritations and promote further skin alterations.
In short, it’s best to go to a dermatologist for an evaluation and follow their advice. The professional will always tell you what’s best for you, and why and how to treat it in the best possible way.It might interest you...