Now is the time when, as summer approaches, you start to worry about all that winter weight gain from eating too many sweets and unhealthy foods. You can take preventative measures, however, and this slimming smoothie is one option.
In today’s article, discover a recipe for a delicious smoothie that will balance those extra pounds with three healthy and nutritious ingredients: strawberries, oats, and ginger.
What is a slimming smoothie?
In order to lose weight in a healthy way and without the dreaded rebound effect, you have to stop counting calories and instead reduce your fat and start choosing natural and healthy foods. They will nourish you, satisfy you, and allow you to continue enjoying what you eat without starving yourself.
A slimming smoothie is a beverage made with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and spices that will give your body what it needs, in addition to nutrients that help facilitate weight loss.
A good slimming smoothie should contain:
- Fresh fruits or vegetables
- Cold-pressed oils
- Carbohydrates that are rich in fiber
- Spices or other supplements that will enhance the benefits you crave.
Properties of weight loss ingredients
All foods contain calories. However, sometimes your body burns more calories in absorbing these foods than what they contain, which favors weight loss.
Other ingredients contain fiber that satisfies you and improves the function of your intestines, or increase your metabolism to burn more calories.
This delicious little red fruit is an excellent weight loss option that still allows you to enjoy your food.
It contains cleansing and diuretic properties that eliminate toxins and fluids.
In addition to that, strawberries are rich in vitamin C and minerals like iron, potassium, and iodine, which help prevent nutritional deficiencies.
You can’t not include oatmeal in a healthy and balanced diet. Although it’s not low in calories, it contains many nutrients that help avoid health problems and achieve the weight you desire.
This cereal is very rich in fiber, minerals such as iron, zinc, and magnesium, and essential fatty acids.
It’s a very satisfying food that provides you with energy, regulates your blood sugar levels, fights anxiety, and improves digestion.
It’s a great way to fight the cravings that make you overeat between meals.
This exotic, refreshing, and delicious spice stands out thanks to its ability to boost your metabolism, which allows you to burn calories more easily.
It also helps regulate your appetite, fight fluid retention, and reduce swelling.
Ginger is the prefect compliment to all types of recipes, as it facilitates digestion and enhances the flavor of your food.
Making your smoothie
This smoothie is very easy to prepare, and you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack, whether you want to lose a few pounds or just maintain a balanced weight.
Ingredients for one smoothie
- 5 ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of oat flakes (16 g)
- 1 pinch of freshly grated or ground ginger
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Some stevia or honey to sweeten (optional)
We recommend choosing only organic products, especially the strawberries and the oats, which can be heavily contaminated by pesticides that are harmful to your health.
- The night before, soak the oat flakes in the cup of water. You need to leave them for at least a few hours to facilitate blending and improve your body’s ability to digest this grain.
- In the morning, add all the ingredients to your blender (the strawberries, oats, and soaking water, as well as the ginger).
- Blend everything until you obtain a homogeneous texture.
- This smoothie will be very thick and creamy. If you want it to be a bit more liquid, add some additional water.
- You can optionally sweeten your smoothie using honey or stevia.
- Serve with half a strawberry and a small piece of fresh ginger as a garnish.