Slimming and Nourishing Coconut, Grapefruit, and Rosemary Oil Lotion
There are essential oils such as those of coconut, grapefruit and rosemary, that can provide our bodies with many benefits beyond slimming. They can improve your skin and circulation, as well as many other benefits.
What do we need in order to slim down?
- Help blood circulation.
- Improve lymphatic drainage.
- Enable the body to eliminate even more liquids.
- Eliminate stubborn fat.
We should approach the job from several perspectives in order to successfully meet our goals. As always, our diet should be the foundation of a healthy weight and nice body shape. In addition, we should keep a consistent exercise routine that’s appropriate for our lifestyle and our capabilities.
However, we shouldn’t just brush over the ways that we can take care of our bodies externally, which is why we can choose products that only use natural ingredients. Vegetable oils and essential oils can be a huge help for our efforts.
Want to know more? 5 Plants that Increase Blood Flow
Slimming advantages of vegetable oils
Below, we’d like to detail some of the advantages of choosing vegetable-based oils:
- Vegetable-based oils provide our skin with a considerable amount of nutrients.
- We can choose and combine the base oils (coconut, almond, olive, sesame) with essential oils.
- They don’t need conservatives nor chemical additives.
- Vegetable oils have various textures that are suitable for different skin types and body parts.
- Essential oils present us with lovely aromas that also act as perfume.
- They have positive effects for both the body and mood.
- Vegetable oils are great options for people with sensitive, aged, acne-prone, etc. skin types.
Which oils help our bodies slim down?
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is the base ingredient for this lotion. It’s a smooth oil that we can combine with essential oils that have specific properties. However, we should mention that coconut oil is also a very nourishing and balancing product in addition to being great for eliminating stubborn fat and fighting infections and fungus.
2. Essential grapefruit oil
The essential oil of grapefruit is critic and very refreshing. It has properties such as:
- Acting as a diuretic.
- Fighting blemishes, wrinkles and stretchmarks.
- Helping lymphatic drainage.
- Aiding in burning fat.
Learn about: How to Use Coconut Oil as a Natural Cosmetic
3. Essential rosemary oil
Essential rosemary oil is one of the most popular options for improving corporal blood circulation. This is especially the case when people want to feel lighter and more energetic in addition to slimming down. This oil activates the entire body and it even helps us land better blood-pressure levels. Essential rosemary oil also is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
How can we prepare our coconut, grapefruit and rosemary lotion?
In order to make our nourishing, natural lotion, we’ll need the following ingredients:
- A cup of extra-virgen coconut oil (200 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of essential grapefruit oil (15 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of essential rosemary oil (15 ml).
This lotion keeps well, or in other words, we don’t need to add any kind of artificial conservative nor keep it in the refrigerator.
- Mix the three ingredients together. If the coconut oil is solid, we can heat it up a little in a double boiler until it melts, but it shouldn’t boil.
- Add the essential oils.
- Keep the lotion in a tightly-closed jar and store it in a dark area where the light can’t affect the properties of the essential oils.
We should keep in mind that if temperatures are lower than 23°C (73.4°F), the lotion will solidify. However, we can still use it. You can use it as described below:
- Massage the areas that you want to slim down. The best time to do so is after showering when your skin is still moist. After showering, your pores will still be open from the heat of the water and it’ll help the body absorb it better and more quickly.
- Make circular movements using your fingers, hands and fists. Always move them in an upwards motion.
- Wait a few minutes until your skin is dry, moments before drying off with a towel.
We can use this lotion every day in the morning or before going to bed because its aroma is just as pleasant as it is refreshing.