Six Vegan Breakfasts You'll Love
Vegan breakfasts have become an excellent alternative to start the day with a lot of energy without having to consume too many calories. Although they’re obviously included in the vegan diet, people who want to lose weight can also consume them.
Due to their combinations of vegetable ingredients, vegan breakfasts provide important nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and proteins. Moreover, they’re a good alternative to reduce your intake of processed products because they’re made of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
In this article, we’re going to share six delicious vegan breakfasts that stand out for their simplicity. They’re ideal for those who don’t have a lot of time to prepare more complex recipes, as you can make them in minutes.
Give them a try!
Vegan Breakfasts that You’ll Want to Include in Your Diet
Vegan breakfasts combine energy-boosting ingredients that foster good physical and mental health.
Although plant-based foods contain less protein than animal-based foods, a good combination of the two can ensure adequate protein intake.
1. Whole wheat bread with tomato and olive oil
Whole wheat bread is an excellent choice for vegan breakfasts. In this case, we propose combining it with the delicious taste of tomato and olive oil to obtain a good amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (5 g)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel the ripe tomato and blend it with the garlic, olive oil, oregano, and salt.
- Spread the resulting thick paste on the slices of bread.
How to eat
- Enjoy this recipe for breakfast along with coffee with vegetable milk or a smoothie.
Read this article: 8 Reasons to Avoid Processed Food
2. Chia seed pudding
Chia seeds are a source of amino acids, calcium, omega-3, and other important nutrients that provide energy, in addition to improving cardiovascular health. We suggest you combine it with creamy vegetable milk to make a delicious vegan pudding.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (30 g)
- ½ cup of creamy vegetable milk (coconut or almond) (125 ml)
- Pour the chia seeds in half a cup of vegetable milk.
- Let it sit overnight so that the seeds turn gelatinous.
How to eat
- The next morning, serve the pudding with chopped fruit.
3. Hazelnut milk and banana smoothie
Smoothies are great vegan breakfast options. This delicious recipe made with hazelnut milk, bananas, and carob is perfect for those who don’t have a lot of time in the mornings.
- 1 cup of hazelnut milk (250 ml)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of carob (15 g)
- First, chop the bananas.
- Then, blend the chopped banana, the cup of hazelnut milk, and the tablespoon of carob until you get a smooth, lump-free drink.
How to drink
- Drink the smoothie on its own or accompanied with a couple of whole grain crackers.
4. Smoothie bowl
This recipe is made with crushed fruit, which makes it the perfect breakfast to recharge the body with vitamins and minerals. You can also add some nuts or chia seeds to it.
- ½ ripe mango
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of soaked chia seeds (15 g)
- Red berries (to decorate)
- First of all, chop the mango and pineapple slices.
- Then, blend them for a few minutes.
- When they’re ready, put them in a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of previously soaked chia seeds.
- Finally, decorate with red berries.
How to eat
- Eat this smoothie bowl with a couple of oatmeal cookies.
5. Whole wheat oatmeal
The carbohydrates that oatmeal contain are great sources of energy. For that reason, whole grain oatmeal is an excellent vegan breakfast. Among other things, whole wheat oatmeal contains protein, omega-3, and antioxidants.
- 1 cup of almond milk (200 ml)
- ½ cup of oatmeal (100 g)
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon (2.5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup (30 ml)
- Pour the almond milk in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Then, add the oatmeal and stir with a wooden utensil.
- After, add the ground cinnamon and tablespoons of agave syrup.
- Leave everything on low heat for a couple of minutes until the oatmeal thickens.
How to eat
- Serve the oatmeal in a deep dish and decorate with cranberries or dried pineapple.
6. Banana cream with oats and nuts
The ingredients we combine in this recipe are major sources of dietary fiber, antioxidants, and amino acids. Thanks to their properties, they prolong the feeling of fullness and improve digestion.
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of almond milk (125 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of oats (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of crushed dried fruits and nuts (15 g)
- Put the ripe banana in a bowl and crush it with a fork.
- Then, add the almond milk and tablespoons of oats.
- Mix everything until well integrated and garnish with the dried fruits and nuts.
How to eat
- Serve this banana cream with ripe strawberries or blueberries.
Do you eat healthy breakfasts? If the answer is no, then you should definitely try these vegan breakfasts of you want to take care of yourself and have energy. Don’t forget that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day!It might interest you...