Bags under the eyes make your face look tired and most of the time they can’t be concealed with makeup. In general, this problem appears after a long night or as the result of retained fluids.
When we wake up and find bags under the eyes, we start searching for a solution to reduce their appearance and restore the face’s natural radiance.
Luckily, there is a lot you can do to combat and reduce this problem, keeping it from affecting your natural beauty and self esteem.
Although there are many products on the market today that can help reduce their appearance, you don’t need to spend large sums of money to get the same results.
With the help of certain natural ingredients, you can say goodbye to annoying bags under your eyes so you can keep looking spectacular.
If you stay up late and often suffer from bags under the eyes, start keeping a potato in the refrigerator to use as needed to reduce this problem.
- Cut small slices of cold potato and cover your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.
This ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to reduce bags in little time.
Want to know more? Read: Health Benefits of Potatoes
This ingredient helps reduce inflammation and the dark circles that form under the eyes. Its properties nourish and hydrate to renew skin while naturally cleaning.
- Soak two cottons pads in cold milk and cover your eyes for 20 minutes.
The milk will help eliminate retained fluids and freshen tired eyes. It should be applied daily for best results.
Cucumbers are the classic remedy for bags under the eyes and inflammation and are one of the preferred methods for treating these problems.
Cucumbers are rich in water and antioxidants, which helps to both hydrate and reduce inflammation to restore the appearance of your face.
- Cut two slices of cucumber and cover your eyes for 20 minutes.
Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, cucumbers will reduce the appearance of unsightly bags and dark circles in no time.
For the best beauty care and for the skin in general, vitamin E is one of those ingredients that you shouldn’t be missing because of its excellent hydrating, anti-inflammatory and restorative properties.
- Mix a little water with a few drops of vitamin E oil, soak cotton balls or pads in the mixture and cover the eyes for 20 minutes.
The results will be fresher-looking eyes, and last but not least, you’ll be giving the skin around them extra nutrition where wrinkles tend to form.
Because of its anti-inflammatory and renewing properties, chamomile tea is another excellent aid to reduce bags under the eyes.
- Soak two chamomile tea bags in cold water and then use them to cover your eyes for 15 minutes.
This remedy can be used up to 2 times a day, when you get up and just before bed.
See also: 3 Homemade Makeup Tricks to Look Younger
On top of helping to remove dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin, eggs whites also help reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- Separate an egg white from the yolk and use a brush to apply it to your entire face. Try to put it on the affected areas without getting it in your eyes.
- Let dry then rinse with cold water.
This simple remedy with spoons helps fight bags under the eyes, but it also is known as a therapy to rejuvenate and smooth the skin.
- The only thing you need is a glass of ice water and 4 spoons.
- Place two spoons in the ice water and apply to closed eyes when cold. While using the other spoons, place two more in the ice water so that they’ll be ready to use once the others have warmed up on your eyes.
- Interchange the spoons each time they’re warmed and perform this treatment for a few minutes to reduce inflammation.
If you want, you can apply the cold spoons to the entire face for a toning effect.