A Simple Remedy to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
In addition to watching your diet to treat irritable bowel syndrome, don’t forget to manage your stress, anxiety and emotions that can worsen symptoms.
Do you often suffer from and would like to treat irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a recurring disease which affects women most often and sometimes is linked to stress. Doctors still don’t know how to define exactly what causes it, but this ailment is common among us. Fortunately, there are ways to relieve the symptoms.
In this article, we’ll talk about one solution to treat irritable bowel symptoms: aloe very and mint.
Aloe Vera and Mint to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
What ingredients will I need?
First, we want to clarify one detail. Never self-medicate, and never disregard the recommendations that specialists give you.
With that in mind, we invite you to try the following remedy:
- Two large spoonfuls of aloe vera gel (40 grams or 1.4 ounces)
- Peppermint leaves: 15 grams or 0.5 ounces (if you have mint oil this can also be used).
You might like: 5 Healing Herbs for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Why will these ingredients help me treat irritable bowel syndrome?
By consuming aloe vera over 10 days straight, it will relieve the inflammation and irritation of the colon.
Aloe vera is one of the few foods that is not transformed into gas when it enters the intestine. Its anti-inflammatory and healing properties are activated. There, it softens and tones and helps stop the contractions from pain.
Thus, it regulates the passing of stool, preventing both constipation and diarrhea.
The benefits of mint and its suitable treatment for irritable bowel were published in the British Medical Journal.
Menthol is what helps the most. It decreases muscle contraction by relaxing the walls of the intestine. This way, it reduces pain, cramps, constipation and diarrhea.
As you can see, by using aloe vera you will reduce inflammation in the bowel, while using mint will relieve the discomfort and pain.
How do I prepare the treatment?
It’s not too complicated to prepare.
- First, heat up two glasses of water (250 ml or 8.5 ounces).
- When it begins to boil, add 40 grams (or 1.4 ounces) of aloe vera gel.
- Stir it well to make it very diluted. Afterward, add the peppermint leaves.
- Once these ingredients are well mixed and have cast their essence into the water, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool. Always drink it warm at room temperature.
- Drink two glasses a day: one in the morning on an empty stomach and another after dinner for 10 days in a row.
- It’s ideal if you also repeat this treatment every month. In this way you will cleanse the colon and strengthen your entire digestive system.
Other Recommendations to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Avoid eating dairy products, high-fat foods or condiments.
- Avoid carbonated drinks or coffee.
- Eat small quantities at various times throughout the day. It’s better to eat a little at 6 different times than a lot at three times a day, for example.
- Increase your consumption of fiber and vegetables.
- Prune juice is very medicinal and so are oats with apples.
- Beet and carrot juice, in addition to being nutritious, work to detoxify and protect your colon. They’re perfect to eat at dinner, for example.
- Reduce or limit your exposure to stress as much as possible. Unpleasant Negative emotions, anxiety or worry can act as triggers for irritable bowel syndrome.