Discover a Simple Recipe For Cinnamon Cookies
Cinnamon cookies are an ideal classic to accompany tea time or breakfast and snacks. Besides, if you’ve never tried them or if you made them and didn’t get the taste you wanted, this article is for you! Today we want to give you a simple recipe for cinnamon cookies that you can try out at home.
Thus, this spice is a natural coagulant, increases the circulation of uterine blood, and promotes tissue regeneration. Also, it provides components that have antioxidant, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, and antifungal capabilities.
A Simple Recipe for Cinnamon Cookies
Although cinnamon is a common ingredient in sweet preparations, some people won’t tolerate it because it’s invasive, not only to taste but also to smell! So, if you want to make this recipe to share with friends, make sure they don’t have any issues with it.
The general recommendation to make these cinnamon cookies is to keep in mind that the ingredients must be at room temperature and that the amounts have to be exact. Now, here’s what you’ll need and how to make them step by step.
Ingredients for this recipe for cinnamon cookies
- 1 egg
- Salt (a pinch)
- 1/2 spoonful of cinnamon
- 300 grams of white flour
- 150 grams of white sugar
- 1 small spoonful of powdered yeast
- 1 extra spoonful of sugar and 1/2 spoonful of cinnamon for coating
- 130 grams of butter at ointment point (with a texture similar to that of mayonnaise)
Step by step to assemble the dough
- To make the dough, start by beating the butter together with the sugar in a bowl until they’re completely integrated, giving the ingredients a whitish appearance. You can do it by hand or with a mixer.
- Then, add the egg and beat it until it blends in completely.
- At the same time, mix the flour with the cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and put them in a bowl.
- Add these ingredients in two parts to the bowl with the help of a sieve to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Mix with a spatula making winding movements. You may have to use your hands to finish mixing completely.
- Knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Then, wrap it in a film and let it rest for 40 minutes in the refrigerator. The dough will settle and you’ll be able to shape the cookies easily.
Shaping the cookies
- After this time, make sure you have a clean counter and sprinkle white flour on it (use enough so that the dough doesn’t stick). With the help of a rolling pin, start to stretch the dough evenly.
- When you’ve made it one centimeter thick, use a round cutter to make the cookies. This way, they’ll all be the same size. Re-knead any leftovers, roll and repeat the process until all are cut.
- Another method you can use to shape them is to make little balls that are the same size and flatten them with your hands until they are the same thickness. With this technique, they won’t be perfect as the previous option, but you’ll do it in less time. While you do it, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, mix the sugar with the cinnamon powder in a container and sprinkle it on top of the cookies.
- Place them on a tray greased with butter (the side with sugar and cinnamon should face upwards) and place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After this time, check that they’re cooked and remove them from the heat. Once they cool down, they’ll be ready to eat.
Read also: Homemade Cream Cookies; A Delicious Recipe
Alternative Recipes for Cinnamon Cookies
You can make other variations, for example, using different ingredients that combine well with cinnamon, such as ginger. In fact, you can create a healthier version by replacing sugar with sweetener and regular wheat flour with oatmeal.
So, if you make these changes, you’ll obtain a recipe that provides fewer calories and adds health-promoting elements such as dietary fiber. Concerning this, the Spanish Foundation of Nutrition suggests that this component that oats provide can diminish blood cholesterol, control the levels of sugar in the blood, improve the secretion of insulin, and reduce the risk of coronary disease.
Here’s the healthy version of these cookies. Write down the ingredients and follow this healthy recipe for cinnamon cookies.
- Salt (a pinch)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of sunflower or corn oil
- 1/2 spoonful powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup liquid skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup oatmeal or oatmeal flakes
- 4 tablespoons of liquid sweetener suitable for cooking
Steps for this recipe for cinnamon cookies
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl: The wholegrain flour, the oat flakes, the cinnamon, and the salt.
- Mix with a spatula and form a hole in the center. Add the oil and the sweetener.
- Mix with the help of the spatula until a dough is formed.
- Then, add the milk together with the vanilla essence and knead for 5 minutes until you get a soft dough.
- Cover it with a film and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Then, turn on the oven at 180 degrees and, while it heats up, stretch the dough out in the same way as indicated in the previous section.
- Cut them with a cutter or shape the cookies with your hands.
- Place them in a greased dish and sprinkle each one with cinnamon.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
If the dough gets sticky, you can add more flour or oatmeal until you get the necessary consistency to mold the cookies.
Try these cinnamon cookie recipes
Cinnamon cookies are ideal for dessert, to accompany coffee, or to indulge a craving. Besides, making them is a simple task and you don’t need any unusual ingredients.
Keep in mind that, from these recipes, you can make other varieties by adding additional ingredients such as using fruits. This combination will make your cookies have a moist consistency and you will also be adding nutrients without increasing the caloric intake.
Finally, we want to remind you that cinnamon isn’t only a spice that provides flavor – it also provides important benefits for human health because it has active compounds that make it a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial.
So, what are you waiting for?
Try this recipe today!It might interest you...