Simple and Natural Ways to Treat Sinusitis
Sinusitis occurs when there’s inflammation of the nasal sinus cavities found within and around the bones around the nose. It can be acute or chronic. In this article, we’ll explain a simple, inexpensive, and natural way to treat sinusitis and its symptoms.
In addition, we’ll also explain what foods can cause excessive mucus and provide advice on how to do this natural treatment.
Natural Ways to Treat Sinusitis
To naturally treat sinusitis you can follow this simple, inexpensive, and effective remedy. You will need:
- A ceramic or plastic Tibetan neti pot: This is a utensil that resembles a little teapot that allows you to rinse and open up the nasal passages. The neti pot can be bought at health food stores or any store that sells general health products. It’s a more healthy product than other aggressive sprays that use too much force.
- Sea water dilluted with purified water in the following way: two and half times water for every one part of sea water. You can buy sea water at health food stores, and some supermarkets and general stores. If you can’t find any, you can mix 1 liter of natural water with three teaspoons of sea salt until it has completely dissolved.
How do you use it?
To use the neti pot and salt water to clean out your sinuses you should do the following:
- Make sure the neti pot and water you use are very clean.
- Put some salt water into the neti pot and position yourself above a container to catch falling water.
- You should always do this with your mouth open to breathe. You then want to lean forward.
- Put the neti pot against your left nostril, relax, and allow the water to flow from the right nostril.
- You should then carefully clean your nose, breathing gently to get rid of the rest of the excess mucus and toxins.
- Repeat this with the right nostril.
Read more: 10 Tips to Get Rid of Excessive Mucus
If you use this technique, you will take advantage of the following benefits:
- A better capacity to breathe.
- You will eliminate mucus that accumulates in the sinuses.
- It will help clean and unclog other parts such as your ears, eyes, and nose.
- It will help alleviate migraines.
- You’ll notice a sense of well-being and relaxation.
- It will reduce the likelihood of snoring.
Foods that Create a lot of Mucus
Avoiding foods that create a lot of mucus is just as important as cleaning your nasal cavities. The main foods that should be avoided are the following:
- Milk and lactate products, especially from cows. You can substitute them with products from goats, sheep or other animals, or from vegetables (such as oatmeal, rice, or almond milk).
- Refined flours, especially those founds in bread and pastries. They should be limited as much as possible and substituted with dextrin bread or rice or corn cakes.
Do not miss the following article: Tips on How to Lose Weight With Rice Milk
Other Advice to Treat Sinusitis
Aside from this treatment, you can also use these effective old remedies:
- Nettle herbal tea: This is cleansing and eliminates excess mucus.
- Crushed garlic: This has a mucolytic effect which reduces mucus. You can include it in the foods you eat (you can also do the Tibetan garlic cure), or you can take garlic supplements if you have problems digesting it.