Simple Natural Remedies for Damaged Hair
Don't miss out on trying these remedies. You'll see that with a little time along with a good diet, your hair will sport a natural, healthy shine!
When our hair is unhealthy, we work tirelessly to reverse the damages. Damaged hair can make us look sickly, dull and it’s worrisome because hair has a big part in our physical appearance.
Below, we’ll fill you in on all you need to know about the main causes of this problem and the most effective remedies to treat it.
What damages our hair?
Many factors can cause our hair to appear dull and lifeless. Excessive heat, using straighteners and dryers, following a poor diet and even brushing it improperly can cause damages.
Let’s take a look at some of the possible causes in more detail:
Hot showers are never recommendable for our hair because the high temperatures can really damage the hair fibers.
The steam carries hair’s natural oils off and, in addition, dries it out, leaving it dry and brittle. You should wash your hair with cold water.
Using hair straighteners and irons
Straighteners, irons and any heated hair tool will inevitably hurt your hair, especially if you use them frequently.
Both the protective layer of hair and its proteins weaken with the heat, which ultimately leads to breakage.
We all know that a poor diet can be reflected in multiple areas of our health. It doesn’t just affect our entire body internally, but externally as well.
Our hair reflects our health. If we’re following a diet that lacks in nutrition, vitamins, minerals and proteins, we can’t achieve healthy, strong hair.
Brushing your hair when it’s wet
Try to brush your hair as little as possible when you’re showering or while it’s wet. You shouldn’t towel-dry your hair either: instead, wrap it to absorb the water without having to rub it.
In addition, ponytails, or other tightly-pulled-back hairstyles, can also be harmful. After all, when you pull on your hair too much, it causes hair to break and damages the root.
The following factors can also damage hair:
- Using too many hair products
- Contraceptive pills
- Not washing your hair regularly
Natural remedies to restore hair
The properties of certain plants and fruits are essential for hair care and they enrich hair strands. There are many preparations that you can make from these bases, which all have great results that’ll recover shine and vitality.
Don’t forget the reasons for hair damage that we previously mentioned. After all, in order to restore your hair, you also need to provide it with the proper care. By doing so, you’ll be able to achieve better results.
Below, we’ll teach you some natural remedies for a variety of problems. The best part about them is that they’re simple to make as well as cheap!
Natural remedy for split ends
Split ends are the most common sign of damaged hair; they’re also the sign that we hate the most. If you don’t want a haircut right now, learn this wonderful tip to solve split ends. The best part is that this remedy is made with papaya.
- 2 cups of papaya (300 g)
- 1 natural yogurt (125 g)
- 20 drops of almond oil
- Shower cap or plastic bag
- Peel the papaya and move contents to a bowl.
- Remove the seeds and mash into a puree.
- Add the yogurt and almond oil. Mix well.
- Apply a little mixture to the ends of your hair and massage in. After, cover your hair with the cap, or plastic bag, and leave on for 20 minutes.
- After, wash out with warm water.
We recommend that you read:
Natural remedy for dry hair
Another common problem is dryness. The lack of nutrients and vitamins make hair dull and lifeless. Remember that maintaining a balanced diet will give us the healthy glow that we need from inside out.
Pair the diet with the following remedy for faster results.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 egg
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend for a couple minutes.
- Blend thoroughly until the mix is the same color throughout.
- Move the contents to a bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto your hair, starting at midway then working down to the ends (if you don’t have oily hair, apply starting form the roots).
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off with plenty of water.
- You’ll notice a difference starting from the first application.
Natural remedy to prevent hair loss and to promote hair growth
We lose a lot of hair on a daily basis from brushing, washing, sleeping, etc. You also might notice that our hair might stay the same length or takes ages to grow. You already know why; so now, let’s learn how to treat it.
Forget about the strong smell of onions for now, because they have amazing properties for your scalp. In addition, they’ll give your hair incredible shine and vitality.
- 2 onions
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Blend all of the ingredients in blender to make a juice.
- Apply the mixture to hair from the roots to the ends.
- Leave on for 30 minutes, rinse and apply the hair products that you normally would.
- The onion smell will last until your hair dries. You’ll notice it again as well when washing your hair for a few days more.
This is one of the most effective remedies for restoring your hair because it gives back its former shine and helps with split ends, dryness and hair conditions, etc.
Don’t miss out on trying these remedies. You’ll see that with a little time along with a good diet, your hair will sport a natural, healthy shine!