Saggy skin. Few things are as annoying as this condition. But how can you fight it? How can you get rid of that saggy skin to make your body and face look firmer?
We often spend tons of money on beauty treatments aimed at making our skin firmer, but we can assure you that the simple anti-sagging strategies that we’re about to show you can have a huge impact on your beauty. Are you ready to learn more?
1. The importance of temperature
Temperature is something that can sometimes be out of our control. We can’t escape it. However, there is usually something you can do with regards to this issue. You should know that the ideal temperature for your skin, which keeps it from drying out or losing its firmness, is between 20º and 21º Celsius, whereas the ideal humidity is between 40 and 70%.
What measures can I take to make sure that temperature does not cause me to suffer from saggy skin?
- If you have a heating or cooling system in your house, make sure it is always set between 20º and 21º Celsius.
- There’s another serious enemy of firm skin out there that you probably aren’t familiar with. Cold wind. It wicks the water away from your skin, causing you to lose your natural moisture. So, in the winter months, don’t forget to always use a good moisturizing cream or a good foundation that will keep your skin nice and hydrated.
- You should also be careful when it comes to very hot showers or baths, because these will also dehydrate your skin. Although hot water is good for opening up your pores and getting rid of toxins, you should always finish off this kind of shower with a bit of room temperature water.
- To balance out the dehydrating effects that cold or hot temperatures can have on your skin, make sure to keep your body nice and dehydrated. So, don’t forget to drink at least two liters of water per day!
2. Anti-sagging strategies for your chest
Although it may seem hard to believe, your chest carries a lot of your body weight, causing the skin in that area to become less firm. So, it’s very important that you perform a few anti-sagging strategies each day, which will definitely help you avoid this problem.
- A 15-minute daily exercise routine. A simple exercise routine aimed at strengthening your chest muscles and toning up the skin in that area is a good place to start. For example, you can use a few hand weights, lifting them in front of your chest to shoulder-height several times. You can also stretch your arms up over your head or do “push-ups” with your hands resting on a wall instead of on the floor, just like in the above image.
- Another easy strategy involves massaging a few ice cubes into the area for just one minute. Run the ice cube over your chest before drying off and getting dressed as you normally would. This is a great way to tone up your skin and muscles.
- Egg yolk, cucumber and olive oil mask.
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cucumber
- 40 ml of olive oil.
How to make it
It’s really easy. Just combine all of these ingredients and mix them in the blender until you have a smooth cream. Apply this lotion to your chest and let it set for about 20 minutes.
Then, take a shower as your normally would. Ideally, you should perform this treatment about two times per week. It will definitely make your chest firmer!
3. The best firming foods
Another crucial anti-sagging strategy is making sure to eat well. Did you know that there are certain foods that can help firm up your skin and make your face and body look firmer? Take a look at the foods that you should definitely start including in your meals:
- Salmon, tuna and sardines
If you like fish, don’t think twice before including these foods in your meal plan at least 3 times per week. They are rich in Omega 3 and contain a very effective anti-sagging enzyme. Plus, they have vitamin B, which is great for strengthening your skin, hair and nails. It’s a great option!
Egg whites are rich in amino-acids, which are great for strengthening your skin, whereas egg yolks are a natural source of protein.
Don’t hesitate to start including turkey in your normal meal plan. This low-fat food has much less cholesterol than red meat. It has lots of protein, making it a great option for strong muscles.
- Citrus fruits
Lemons, oranges, grapefruits… These are all a great source of vitamin C, making them the perfect tool for turning fat into energy. What if you were to try preparing a natural juice in the morning? You can also add a bit of lemon juice to your water throughout the day.
4. Deep facial cleansing
Whether or not you use makeup, it is always crucial that you cleanse your face at the end of each day. There is tons of pollution in the environment that ends up sticking to your skin, just like sweat, oil and bacteria, which can dry out your skin and make it less firm.
One of the best anti-sagging strategies is to use micellar water. You can find it at your local beauty shop. It’s not expensive at all, and it is great for cleansing your skin, keeping it looking young and toned.
Don’t hesitate to start implementing these simple tips in your daily beauty routine. They will have you feeling great!