Sex Can Help Fix Many of Our Problems
Unfortunately, many people in today’s society still consider sex to be taboo, and therefore, something to feel ashamed of. However, thanks to scientific studies we know that sex can help us feel great in all sorts of ways:
- It eases anxiety and other low mood state
- Sex relieves insomnia
- It improves our self-esteem
- Sexual intercourse strengthens our immune and cardiovascular system
- It speeds up our metabolism
- Sex increases our lifespan
Sex can help cause the chemical reactions that lead to well-being
The gush of chemical substances that surge through our bodies during sexual intercourse gives us many benefits. These advantages give us many great reasons to have sex.
Let’s look at some of them below:
Sex is a cosmetic tonic, which means it can help to promote the release of hormones that make us “look more attractive.”
Our hair, our skin and our face appear more healthy-looking thanks to estrogen, testosterone and collagen synthesis that our body produces as a consequence of sexual activity.
- Sex is more effective than anti-aging creams. This is because the secretion of hormones such as dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) promotes a longer life-span.
- Prolactin is a natural sedative that is produced after sexual climax. This substance also makes us smell better.
- The heart also gains benefits from sex, as its protective effect is similar to that of regular exercise. Moreover, during sexual intercourse our heart beats more frequently.
- This also benefits the metabolic work of our body as well as the toning of the areas involved in sex, especially the pelvis.
You may also want to read:
In this sense, the vaginal contractions, anal sphincter spasms and urethral spasms strengthen our muscles and our control over them.
- Sexual intercourse also functions as a strong analgesic. This means it alleviates physical discomfort due to the release of endorphins and corticosteroids. Furthermore, these substances have a sedative effect on nerve endings.
- Oxytocin has anti-stress effects and reduces our blood pressure and heart rate.
Besides the benefits mentioned above, we should also point out that sex provides great benefits for our mental health, without causing any side effects.
Plato recommended that “olympic competitors before races should avoid sexual intimacy,” but this doesn’t hold true nowadays.
Having sex can help improve your health
The benefits of a healthy sex life are unlimited. This obviously goes above and beyond our genital area. In fact, the most important fact is how to look after our relationship with sex in all aspects of our life.
When we refer to our relationship with sex we’re not only speaking about sex. In reality, we’re also referring to the complete exploration of our desires, wishes and sensations.
We shouldn’t forget this and limit this relationship because this means we’d be putting up walls around an extremely important aspect of our identity.
Therefore, becoming sexually aware will help us to maintain psychological, physical and emotional balance. Furthermore, it will prevent the frustration that arises from misunderstanding, which could cause negative and harmful moods.
Check out this article:
Exploration is the key to enjoying sexual contact
In order to enjoy sex, it’s necessary to to put aside reservations that stop us from exploring our body, our sensations and our desires.
This is essential when we actively share our sexual life.
Intimately exploring every inch of our body is indispensable in order to know what pleases us and what doesn’t.
Therefore, as we’ve said on previous occasions, we can’t tell our partner what pleases us sexually if we don’t even know what we like.
Moreover, desire for our body is seen as a statement of self-respect, personal satisfaction and of intimate communication. In other words, we have to develop our senses in order to capture our inner, physical and emotional desires.
If we allow ourselves to live with this natural part of our being, we’ll quickly notice the benefits and the well-being this provides us.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to get rid of any prejudices and tell ourselves that it’s always good to have sex.
It might interest you...