Seven Treatments for Dry Hair
Controlling dry hair is a problem for many people. It frizzes, tangles, breaks, and often has split ends. Dry hair can be the result of heredity factors, but it can also be the result of poor hair care. Don’t despair: Here are 7 treatments your dry hair will thank you for.
Hair is born in the hair follicle; the bloodstream feeds the follicle with the elements that nourish the hair, and the oil that lubricates the hair is provided by the sebaceous glands. The problem is that people unknowingly upset this balance.
Treatments Your Dry Hair will Appreciate
The outer layer of the hair, the cuticle, is often eroded by the chemical treatments that we apply: straightening, perms, dying, etc. Then, hair becomes dry and loses its natural shine. This is because the healthy capillary fat that covers it is destroyed by the external abrasive and toxic agents. However, it can recover with any of the following treatments for dry hair.
1. Argan Oil
This oil is obtained from the nuts of the Argan tree. The fruit of this tree is dried in the sun, the seeds are extracted manually, and are then cold pressed. The result is a light, golden oil, with a mild smell, which is why it goes by “gold of the desert.”
Argan oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate, as it helps to restore shine and moisture. It can be applied directly to the hair in moderation.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another great treatment for your dry hair. Its saturated fats are ideal to restore the shine and moisture lost by chemicals and extreme temperatures. In addition, it promotes hair growth.
- This oil can be used together with conditioner after washing your hair or applied with a comb. It can also be applied directly on a scalp with chronic dryness.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil on the tips of your fingers and gently massage your entire scalp.
3. Sesame Oil
Pressed and crushed sesame seeds release an oil that’s highly valued in Asian cuisine. It also has medicinal properties. As if that wasn’t enough, it’s quite beneficial for both your skin and hair.
- Take a few drops of oil (depending on the length of your hair), apply to dry hair and massage with gentle movements for a few minutes. Then wash as usual.
- Use this oil at least once a week.
4. Peanuts and Their Oil
- 3 c. shelled peanuts
- 3 tbsp warm water
- First, soak the peanuts so you can remove the reddish thin peel.
- Then, blend the peanuts with the water until creamy.
- Next, refrigerate for a day. (The oil will separate from the peanut mixture.)
- Nourish the ends of your hair with the oil.
5. Avocado and Wheat Germ Oil
This combination of avocado and wheat germ oil is highly effective. Therefore, is considered to be very useful to nourish the hair.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil
- First, blend the avocado and the wheat germ oil.
- Next, apply this cream on the hair and keep it there for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse it.
- Ideally, apply this mask once a week.
6. Egg, Milk, and Roses
The mixture of egg, milk and roses can be both moisturizing and softening, especially if you have dry hair.
- 1 egg
- ½ c. of whole milk
- 1 tbsp of rose water
- First, beat the egg and add the milk and the rose water.
- Then, if the mixture is too liquid, add two tablespoons of milk powder.
- Next, mix the ingredients.
- Distribute the preparation all over your hair and let the mask act for 20 minutes.
Read this article: 5 Hair Masks to Prevent Frizz
7. Bananas and Almond Oil
The mixture of banana (both the pulp alone and with the crushed shell) and a little almond oil can also help revitalize dry hair.
- 1 banana
- ½ c.of almond oil
- Crush the banana and mix it with the almond oil until a creamy paste is obtained.
- Apply this cream on the scalp and leave on for 20 minutes.
- After, wash and rinse.
Additional Tips for Dry Hair
- First, avoid washing your hair every day.
- In addition, use suitable products for your hair type.
- Avoid excessive use of hair dryers, thermal irons, and harsh chemicals.
- Next, avoid the application of products that contain alcohol or artificial scents.
- Finally, drink plenty of water and other liquids.
In addition, take care of your diet. The health of your hair benefits when you consume everything your body needs to be healthy.
Keep in mind that, applying any of these treatments or masks won’t be enough if you do not maintain other good lifestyle habits. Therefore, always maintain a healthy lifestyle.
As you can see, having dry hair doesn’t have to limit you from having beautiful and healthy hair if you learn to take care of yourself on a daily basis.It might interest you...