Seven Tips you Should Apply to Slow Down Hair Loss
Your habits, nutrition, or genetics are some factors why you're experiencing hair loss. Nevertheless, here are some tips to prevent it.
Hair loss is less common in women than in men. It’s a natural process that appears with the passage of time, and in some cases, it happens earlier than others. However, it’s possible to slow down hair loss. Here you can find out how.
Are you one of those people that have noticed their hair falling out more than usual? If so, we recommend the following tips to slow down this problem.
Slow Down Hair Loss
During your youth, you can lose between 50 and 80 strands of hair daily. This happens because the life cycle of each hair is 2 to 7 years. After completing a cycle, each hair follicle forms new hair within approximately three months.
A poor diet, some diseases and treatments, nervousness, stress, hormonal changes and genetics can be some of the reasons for hair loss. Also, some external agents, such as hot weather, chemicals, hair dryers, and irons, contribute to this problem.
After a hair falls out, a new finer hair forms, with a shorter life cycle. Once they fall out, the follicle likewise closes completely and is no longer grows anymore.
Seven effective tips
1. Massaging the scalp
“Massaging the scalp helps to prevent hair loss”.
It’s the easiest thing you can do to prevent hair loss. It doesn’t require you to spend any money. Only if you wish, you can do so by applying almond oil or any other essential oil.
A daily massage on the scalp improves blood circulation and activates the function of the hair follicle. Also, it’s a relaxing technique.
2. Rubbing onion juice
Rub onion juice on your scalp before sleeping and leave it on during the night. Remove it in the morning with a good wash to prevent the smell from sticking. Preparing it is very simple.
- 1 onion
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Start by blending one peeled onion with one glass of water. Blend it for several minutes until it gets smooth.
- You can also do the same with garlic juice and ginger. Both of them are equal to onion juice. Only use one juice at a time, without mixing them.
Read this article, too: 7 Home Remedies to Fight Dandruff and Seborrhea
3. Potato water rinse
Another option that will help you to slow down hair loss is potato and rosemary water. It’s quite inexpensive and simple to make. You can wash your hair with or without the need of rinsing it again.
- 3 potatoes
- Rosemary leaves (to taste)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- Cut the potatoes in slices. In a pan, mix them with rosemary leaves and boil them in a liter of water. Strain the preparation and let it rest.
- Wash your hair as usual and use this mixture as a rinse at room temperature every day. The number of ingredients will depend on the length of your hair.
4. Apply aloe vera
“Aloe vera has incredible benefits for preventing hair loss”.
Make a juice with aloe vera and coconut oil to strengthen your hair. Apply it on your hair, let it sit for a half-hour and then wash it out with a shampoo and a conditioner of your choice.
- 1 Aloe vera leaf
- 3 drops of coconut oil
- To begin with, take an aloe vera leaf, peel it to remove the crystal and wash thoroughly.
- Then, process the crystal with three drops of coconut oil. Afterward, once it forms a homogenous mixture, apply it from root to tip.
- You can replace the coconut oil with olive or almond oil, according to your own preference. Don’t worry about the smell of aloe vera, because oil will conceal it.
- Finally, repeat the application once a week.
5. Eat more protein
Add more protein-rich foods in your daily diet to slow down hair loss. Most of the foods that are rich in proteins also contain vitamin B12, which strengthens your hair.
Remember that your nutrition depends on the proper functioning of your body. This includes increasing the production of collagen and other compounds that are essential for the health of your hair.
6. Lower your stress
Stress can promote hair loss. Try doing some physical activities such as hiking, swimming, cycling or any sport of your choice, for at least a half-hour every day. Yoga also helps reduce stress levels.
Talk with a trusted person or with a specialist when you are dealing with certain situations because they can help reduce your stress. Another option to soothe your level of anxiety, nervousness, and stress is drinking herbal teas such as chamomile.
Check out this article, too: Try this Amazing Tea with Tangerine Peel, Valerian Root, and Chamomile to Calm Your Nerves
7. Taking vitamins
Many times people start taking vitamins when they’re adults. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that stimulates the sebaceous gland on the scalp.
Vitamin B helps in the production of melanin, which in turn stimulates blood circulation. Likewise, vitamin E improves circulation and keeps the hair follicles healthy and active.
It’s not necessary to spend a lot of money and time on slowing down hair loss. However, there are excellent commercial products. You can always take the option that nature offers.
Just follow these tips and you’ll create new habits to keep every hair in place. By doing so, your hair will look fantastic for a longer period of time.