7 Dangerous Symptoms Women Should Know About
Not getting enough sleep can affect your health because, in addition to a lack of rest, your body isn’t able to perform its regular detox and your cognitive function will suffer.
Sometimes the stress of everyday obligations and worries distract you from what’s going on in your body. Women, in general, tend to be more concerned about others before themselves. That’s why in today’s article, we’ll go over some dangerous symptoms that you should always keep in mind.
We’re not trying to alarm you at all. But what we want to do is give you important information about certain diseases and their symptoms. More than that, we hope to educate you a little about the importance of caring for yourself in order to enjoy good health.
Having a balanced diet, learning to manage your emotions, and keeping healthy habits are basic pillars for your general well-being.
1. Frequent urinationDo you constantly feel the need to go to the bathroom? Frequent urination is something that’s common in women, and it can be a direct symptom of an infection. Sometimes it’s easy to get in the habit of treating urinary tract infections with antibiotics at home, but you should never do that.
A urinary tract infection can have various origins. Only your doctor can give you the proper diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment. At home you can follow some simple home remedies, but you should never self-medicate yourself. The most important thing is to find out what is causing your urinary tract infection, because it might indicate a more serious disease that needs to be resolved.
2. Abdominal painHow many times throughout the month do you have abdominal pain? It can be one of the most dangerous symptoms, and should never be overlooked. You might feel the classic pain of PMS, or it could be constipation or gastritis. But it’s important that you find out the source of your pain.
One sign that you should go to the doctor immediately is if, in addition to the pain, you seem to lose your appetite or suddenly lose weight for no reason.
3. Persistent coughA cough might precede a cold, be caused by hoarseness, or even be triggered by throat problems due to exposure to air conditioning. It’s usually harmless and temporary. But the moment you realize your cough hasn’t gone away and notice a continuous discomfort, go see your doctor.
The causes of a persistent cough can be many, from a throat disorder, polyps, allergies, or more serious diseases that require immediate medical attention.
4. Feeling out of breath?When you’re climbing the stairs at home or at work, do you notice that every day you’re more out of breath? Why could this be? You might tell yourself it’s nothing, that women always have days when they feel more tired then usual. You think little of it and the days go by.
But you should be careful. Shortness of breath is a dangerous symptom that should always be paid attention to. It’s frequently associated with heart problems, so if you also notice tachycardia, chest pain, or swelling in your feet and hands, talk to your doctor.
Statistics always show that women, when they notice symptoms that might be associated with the heart, are less likely to go to the doctor than men. That’s why in recent years, the death rate from heart disease is actually rising in women. Don’t fall into this trap and go see your doctor!
5. AnxietyPersistent anxiety over long periods of time, stress that isn’t managed properly… you might wait months or even years before you decide to see a therapist. Living in a constant state of anxiety is a ticking time bomb for your health.
The entire body undergoes major changes when stress and anxiety dictate your life. Heartburn, indigestion, problems sleeping, tachycardia, high blood pressure… this is a silent enemy that strips away your quality of life and will, if not treated properly, lead to far more serious consequences.
6. InsomniaHow often do you suffer from insomnia? Is it mild, or perhaps chronic? You need to be aware that not getting enough sleep at night affects the entire body: your immune system is weakened, your body can’t form its normal detox, your cognitive abilities suffer and you experience lapses in memory, your concentration goes out the window, and more…
Insomnia is an enemy of your health and it’s important that you find out what’s causing it. Emotional problems? Pain? Talk to your doctor and learn how to get better sleep every night.
7. Strange new molesThis is a symptom that should never be overlooked: the appearance of new moles on the skin. Pay attention to the shape, color, whether it’s regular or irregular. As you know, because people are getting more sun exposure, skin cancer is more and more common these days, and it causes lots of health problems.
You can protect yourself by using makeup with sunscreen, for example, avoiding exposure to the sun during the most intense hours of the day, and above all – pay attention to your skin. The moment you notice a new spot or mole has appeared, make an appointment with your dermatologist. All it costs you is time!
Pay attention to your body, take care of yourself, and improve your quality of life every day. The symptoms we’ve told you about today could potentially be very dangerous. Your health is worth it!