Do you suffer from joint pain? We are going to give you five proven methods to help ease your suffering and alleviate your pain.
We’re sure it’s happened to you before: you wake up tired, as if you had been exerting yourself all night. It hurts just to move your hands; going down the stairs hurts your knees.
How can we cure insufferable joint pain? Here we’ll give you some simple suggestions that you can incorporate into your day-to-day life.
Tips to alleviate joint pain
Many people suffer from joint pain, a reality presented by rheumatism, arthritis, & osteoarthritis… It’s not always a guarantee the pain can be alleviated, but we can learn to live with it by practicing certain strategies which have a pain reduction effect, but the most important thing is maintaining your quality of life.
We should always follow our doctor’s orders, and not overdo it with the anti-inflammatories, as they can cause harmful side-effects. We assure you that simple, natural remedies exist that can help you!
1. Ginger Daily
A recent study from the University of Miami discovered that 2 capsules of ginger every day can help with joint paint & inflammation. The benefits of ginger are more beneficial than those of ibuprofen (but without the side-effects causing stomach pain and circulatory risks). Ginger can be found in health food stores or herb stores; it’s recommended to take ginger daily. A tablespoon of ginger twice daily with a glass of water will satisfy the recommended dose.
2. Beware certain foods
Take note of the following foods: it is best to eliminate them from your diet, or consume them in small quantities:
- Lactose: this contains a milk protein that causes joint inflammation. If you really love milk and yogurt, try to wean them out of your diet little by little to help improve your quality of life.
- Red meat: try to completely eliminate red meats- they aren’t healthy in general, and can also cause cholesterol problems within the arteries.
- Wheat: Surprised? It is possible… recent studies have indicated that wheat and other grains contain the element known as gluten, which can cause joing pain and inflammation in persons who suffer from arthritis. What’s the solution? reduce gluten from your diet little by little until you can eliminate it; this should bring you some relief. There are a few who notice no change whatsoever; but there are many who claim they have a better quality of life by completely eliminating gluten from their diet.
- Eggs: Take care in your consumption of this animal by-product, which contains cholesterol in the yolk, among other things that can boost inflammation in the joints. Although there is truth that eggs are healthy and full of protein, they often bring unwanted side effects.
- Beware of Solanaceae foods: Do you recognize the term? When we speak of Solanaceae foods we are referring to tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc… these raw vegetables can cause frigidity within the musculoskeletal system, cause the occasional migraine, as well as joint inflammation. This is due to a toxic alkaloid called solanine, a compound that can aggravate and cause inflammation, especially in persons who already suffer from the illness. The best vegetable you could consume would be carrots.
3. Morning green tea
Are you a green tea fan? If so, then you are in luck! It’s antioxidants have shown to prevent and combat arthritis and joint pain. Don’t forget to drink one every morning!
4. Vitamin E: Your greatest ally
We’re sure you’ve hear about Vitamin E and its awesome effects combating arthritis as a ‘green’ medication. It is ideal to take 2 capsules daily; which is sold in your local pharmacy or health food store. You can also find Vitamin E in many green leafy vegetables; but to get the proper dosage it is recommended to take 2 capsules daily.
5. Foods that reduce pain & improve your mood
It is essential to improve our quality of life. That can be accomplished with good nutrition; nutrients that not only help to reduce pain, but also help improve our mood. What are the guidelines?
- Consume fresh foods. (Fruits, vegetables) Say no to frozen and pre-prepared foods, which contain chemicals that accelerate joint inflammation.
- Dried Fruits: Nuts such as almonds, pistachios, etc; they give us lots of energy and are very healthy!
- Lemon Juice: it provides us with antioxidants, and is more effective if drank in the morning.
- Cod liver oil: this is a classic source of fatty fish oils such as Omega 3, which has proven to be effective in counteracting the effects of joint pain. Don’t forget to include a teaspoon daily into your diet!
- Organic apple cider vinegar: It simply helps to alleviate pain and is highly recommended for your health.
- Quinoa and amaranth: Have you tried either of these yet? They are super foods; great grains that provide awesome health benefits day after day, and can also help to alleviate joint pain.