Say Goodbye to Constipation with These 8 Fruit Smoothies
To avoid constipation, in addition to including these smoothies and other fiber-rich foods in your diet, it's essential that you drink enough water every day and exercise every day.
Fruit smoothies are drinks that can easily be prepared at home. Delicious and refreshing, they contain a variety of different ingredients, all of them great for your health. They’re tasty, refreshing, and can help you avoid industrial drinks, which, in addition to promoting obesity and other health problems, can also contribute to constipation.
It’s important to remember that diets that are low in fiber and rich in saturated fats, sodium, and junk food can damage the intestinal tract. However, it can also be damaged by a lack of water, so it’s important to stay well-hydrated.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best fruit smoothies to help keep you regular.
Adding raw fruit to your daily diet will ensure you get plenty of fiber and nutrients which, in turn, will help to improve digestion and combat constipation.
Of course, for best results, it’s important to be aware that, as well as consuming more fruit and vegetables, you’ll also need to reduce your intake of refined flours and saturated fats, and do plenty of exercise to ensure better results.
Note: It’s important to avoid adding sugar and other sweeteners to your smoothies. Try to simply enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruit and other ingredients.
1. Apple, pineapple, and pear smoothie
This smoothie is delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. It makes an excellent breakfast you can enjoy or as a mid-morning snack.
- 1 pear.
- 1 plum.
- 1/2 an apple.
- A slice of pineapple.
- The juice of 2 oranges.
- Water (optional)
- Peel the apple, core it, and cut into pieces.
- Cut up the pineapple (without the peel), remove the pit from the plum, and the seeds from the pear.
- Squeeze the oranges.
- Then, place the apple, pineapple, plum, and pear into the blender.
- Next, add the juice, and if desired, water.
- Finally, blend well and drink immediately.
This article may interest you: 7 Foods that Improve Your Mood
2. Apple papaya smoothie
The second of the fruit smoothies has a sweet taste (due to its papaya and apple content), making it ideal for those with a sweet tooth. You don’t need to add any sweetener. However, if you wish, you can add some honey.
- 1 papaya.
- 2 apples.
- 1 glass of water (250 ml).
- Optional: honey.
- First, peel the cloves of garlic, cut in half, and remove the seed.
- Cut the apples into quarters and core them. You can also peel them if you like.
- Then, extract the pulp of the papaya.
- Next, place the garlic, apples, and papaya into the blender.
- After that, add the honey and water.
- Blend until you have a smooth, creamy texture and enjoy.
3. Apple berry smoothie
Bored with the taste of apple in smoothies? Don’t worry! In this case, some fresh blackberries can help hide it well.
- 1 apple.
- 10 blackberries.
- 1/2 cup of milk (125 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of instant oats (20 g).
- First, peel and core the apple.
- Then, wash the berries well.
- After that, add the fruit, milk, and oats to the blender.
- Mix well and drink.
Note: the apple makes the drink thick. If you don’t want to add it, you need to add more oats and blackberries.
4. Papaya and pineapple smoothie
Papaya, pineapple, coconut extract, and flax seed smoothie is perfect for fighting constipation. In addition, it’s satiating and leaves a very good taste in your mouth. Thus, it may help control food cravings.
- 1/2 papaya.
- 3 slices of pineapple.
- 1 cup of natural yogurt (200 g).
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract (5 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed (10 g).
- Once peeled and cut into pieces, put the papaya and pineapple slices into the blender.
- After that, add the yogurt, coconut extract, and flax seed.
- Then, add a little water or ice if you like.
- Finally, blend well and enjoy.
5. Pineapple, orange, and plum smoothie
- 2 figs.
- 2 plums.
- 1 slice of pineapple.
- The juice of 1 orange.
- 1 tablespoon of wheat bran (10 g).
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed (10 g).
- Cut the slice of pineapple into pieces.
- Then, remove the plum pits and extract the fig pulp.
- Squeeze the orange.
- Then, place the pineapple, plums, figs, and orange juice into the blender.
- After that, add the flax seed and wheat bran.
- Finally, mix well and drink.
6. Banana berry smoothie
This almond, banana, and blackberry smoothie is a tasty way to quench appetite. The banana and the almonds provide thickness.
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup of blackberries (150 g).
- 1/2 cup of almonds (85 g).
- 1 tablespoon of linseed oil (15 g).
- First, peel and slice the banana.
- Then, wash the berries thoroughly and cut the almonds into halves.
- Next, add the fruit, almonds, and linseed oil to the blender.
- Finally, blend well until you have a smooth, creamy texture and enjoy.
7. Mango orange smoothie
This lemon, mango and orange smoothie is aromatic and tasty. Perfect for exalting the senses and, at the same time, fighting constipation. If you’re very hungry, you can add avocado to make it thicker.
- 2 mangoes.
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The juice of 2 oranges.
- Optional: 1/2 avocado.
- First, prepare the avocado and mangoes.
- After that, squeeze the oranges and lemon.
- Finally, place everything into the blender and mix well.
8. Fig rice milk smoothie
This fig rice milk smoothie is one of the lightest smoothies of this list. It has a sweet touch, but not as sweet as the smoothies that contain banana. To thicken it a bit, you can add some oats.
- 6 figs.
- 1 tablespoon of oats (10 g).
- 1 cup of rice milk (250 ml).
- First, peel and quarter the figs.
- Then, place the fruit into the blender along with the oats and rice milk (almond milk also works well).
- Finally, blend well and enjoy twice a day. You can drink one glass on an empty stomach and
Remember that these smoothies won’t cure your constipation on their own. As well as drinking healthy smoothies, you’ll need to maintain a balanced diet that contains plenty of fiber. It’s also important to stay active and leave your sedentary lifestyle behind.