Say Goodbye to Constipation with These 8 Fruit Smoothies
Avoiding constipation requires drinking plenty of water and exercising regularly, in addition to enjoying high-fiber foods like these smoothies.
Fruit smoothies are drinks that can easily be prepared at home. Delicious and refreshing, they contain a variety of different ingredients, all of them great for your health. Drinking smoothies can help you avoid sugary drinks, which, in addition to promoting obesity and other health problems, can also contribute to constipation.
It’s important to remember that diets that are low in fiber and rich in saturated fats, sodium and junk food can damage the intestinal tract. However, it can also be damaged by a lack of water, so it’s important to stay well-hydrated.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best fruit smoothies to help keep you regular.
Smoothie recipes to fight constipation
Adding raw fruit to your daily diet will ensure you get plenty of fiber and nutrients which, in turn, will help to improve digestion and combat constipation.
Of course, for best results, it’s important to be aware that as well as consuming more fruit and veg, you’ll also need to reduce your intake of refined flour and saturated fats, and do plenty of exercise.
** It’s important to avoid adding sugar and other sweeteners to your smoothies. Try to simply enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruit and other ingredients.
1. Apple, pineapple, and pear smoothie
This smoothie is delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. It makes an excellent breakfast you can enjoy twice a week.
- 1 slice of apple
- A slice of pineapple
- 1 pear
- 1 plum
- The juice of 2 oranges
- Water (optional)
- Peel the apple, core it, and cut into pieces.
- Cut up the pineapple (without the peel), remove the pit from the plum, and the seeds from the pear.
- Squeeze the oranges.
- Then, place the apple, pineapple, plum, and pear into the blender.
- Next, add the juice, and if desired, water.
- Finally, blend well and drink immediately.
2. Apple, papaya, and garlic smoothie
- 1 papaya
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 4 cloves of garlic (optional)
- First, peel the cloves of garlic, cut in half, and remove the seed.
- Cut the apples into quarters and core. You can also peel them if you like.
- Then, extract the pulp of the papaya.
- Next, place the garlic, apples, and papaya into the blender.
- After that, add the honey and water.
- Blend until you have a smooth, creamy texture, and enjoy.
You might also like: What are the Health Benefits of Garlic?
3. Apple berry smoothie
- 1 apple
- 10 berries
- 1/2 cup of milk (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of instant oats (20 g)
- First, peel and core the apple.
- Then, wash the berries well.
- After that, add the fruit, milk, and oats to the blender.
- Mix well and drink.
4. Papaya and pineapple smoothie
- 1/2 papaya.
- 1 cup of natural yogurt (200 g).
- 3 slices of pineapple.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract (5 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (10 g).
- Once peeled and cut into pieces, put the papaya and pineapple slices into the blender.
- After that, add the yogurt, coconut extract, and flaxseed.
- Then, add a little water or ice if you like.
- Finally, blend well and enjoy.
5. Pineapple, orange, and plum smoothie
- 2 figs
- 2 plums
- 1 slice of pineapple
- The juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of wheat bran (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (10 g)
- Once peeled, cut the slice of pineapple into pieces.
- Then, remove the plum pits and extract the fig pulp.
- Next, squeeze the orange.
- Then, place the pineapple, plums, figs, and orange juice into the blender.
- After that, add the flaxseed and wheat bran.
- Finally, mix well and drink.
6. Banana berry smoothie
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup of berries (150 g).
- 1/2 cup of almonds (85 g).
- 1 tablespoon of linseed oil (15 g).
- First, peel and slice the banana.
- Then, wash the berries thoroughly and cut the almonds into halves.
- Next, add the fruit, almonds, and linseed oil to the blender.
- Finally, blend well until you have a smooth, creamy texture, and enjoy.
7. Mango orange smoothie
- 2 mangoes
- 1/2 avocado
- The juice of 1 lemon
- The juice of 2 oranges
- First, prepare the avocado and mangoes.
- After that, squeeze the oranges and lemon.
- Finally, place everything into the blender and mix well.
8. Fig rice milk smoothie
- 6 figs
- 1 tablespoon of oats (10 g)
- 1 cup of rice milk (250 ml)
- First, peel and quarter the figs.
- Then, place the fruit into the blender along with the oats and rice milk (almond milk also works well).
- Finally, blend well and enjoy twice a day.
Remember, these smoothies won’t cure your constipation on their own. As well as drinking healthy smoothies, you’ll need to maintain a balanced diet that contains plenty of fiber. It’s also important to stay active, and leave your sedentary lifestyle behind.