In our blog we have proposed different exercise routines to strengthen your abdomen, gluteus muscles or even to tone your arm muscles a little more.
A stronger, firmer and more flexible body is something a great part of the population looks for. Yet, today we would like to concentrate on our emotions, in finding, through adequate exercise, relief from stress and worries.
Something we all know is that we don’t all have time to go out and run, walk or have a little fun in the pool to take care of our bones, muscles and joints all the while relaxing the mind.
Maybe, that is why it is never too much to know what kind of exercises we can practice in our own home and improve our mood a little bit more.
This routine is easy, it will not require any gym memberships and it will provide you with huge benefits.
You will only need four things: a small rug or yoga mat, pillows, comfortable clothing and willpower.
Simple Exercises to Relieve Stress
Twenty minutes will be all it takes to feel better. The exercises we will do require focus and to be one with your body, breathing and emotions.
We are going to work with your flexibility through adequate stretches that will allow you to let go of those burdens we all tend to accumulate during the day.
If you watch your breathing and put all your attention on your body and on each move you make, you will find a balanced interior that will grant you relief from your daily stress.
We do not expect you to exhaust yourself in the process and much less push your strength to its limit in order to burn fat. It is not the objective of this exercise routine.
The only thing we are searching for is to find a placid tuning between your body and emotions.
It is worth trying them.
Read more: Yoga Helps Cure Depression
1. Relax the Back, Relax the Mind
Just as you are about to see, these are relaxing exercises, elemental and easy to carry out. The first exercise we will do requires two pillows (or one pillow and a towel).
Then follow this sequence:
- Lay flat on the ground
- Put under your back a pillow that will reach your lumbar region. (Your chest should be more elevated than your legs).
- Put another pillow under your head.
- Stretch out your arms.
- Cross your legs just like you see it done in the picture above, making sure your knees are at each side.
- You will notice some tension in the area of the waist and back.
Now, breath in for 10 seconds and hold your breath for 5 seconds letting go of it afterwards loudly. Keep this position for 5 minutes.
2. Lift Your Abdomen
This exercise is also very relaxing. You will need a small stool, or some firm pillows that will allow you to elevate your gluteus muscles and abdomen.
- Once you have this area supported, put your knees together.
- Then, stretch out your arms.
- Now, close your eyes and breath deeply.
- This posture, where our head is at a lower level than the rest of our body, will facilitate better circulation to the brain.
- Keep this position for 5 minutes and keep doing the breathing exercise: take in air for 10 seconds, hold it in for 5 seconds and let it out loudly.
3. A Little Bit of Balance: Legs Up
To do the following exercise you will need a pillow and a cloth to cover your eyes and facilitate breathing.
- Stand in front of a wall and lay down in a way you can stretch your legs upon it.
- Put a pillow beneath your back.
- Once again, your chest will be at a higher level than your head.
- Now, cover your eyes with the cloth while you stretch out your arms.
- Relax for 5 minutes, proceed to do it once more and do the breathing exercises mentioned before (inhale-hold in-exhale)
4. Stretching of Arms
We finish our exercise routine with a particular and at the same time beneficial stretch for the back, neck and arms.
We will do this within our capabilities and without exceeding them. Do the following:
- Kneel on your selected rug or yoga mat.
- Put a pillow over your ankles and carefully bend your torso back in a way that allows you to touch with your hands the pillow found at your ankles.
- Maintain this position for a minute while noticing the stretch in your arms.
- Then, relax, return to your normal position and repeat the exercise again.
In conclusion, these exercise routines will take about 20 minutes to complete.
There is no reason to exhaust yourself: the objective is that by doing the stretches and breathing adequately you are able to relax your body and alleviate your mental state.
It is definitely worth trying these out!