Remedies That Help Treat Urinary Tract Infections
Who has never had cystitis or has never passed a kidney stone? Both women and men describe the two experiences as the most painful things ever. They’re definitely right too.
Urinary tract infections are painful and irritating.
Even though women are often affected by it, it doesn’t mean men are exempt from UTIs. Infections occur when the bacteria in the urinary or gastrointestinal tract move upwards towards the bladder or urethra. If these bacteria reach the kidneys, there can have serious side-effects.
There are many possible causes for these infections but the most common ones are below:
- Holding in urine for long periods of time.
- Sexual relations.
However, here you can find a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that can help treat urinary tract infections. There is a wide variety of fruits and vegetables to choose from.
Noble pumpkins are loaded with nutrients that relieve many kinds of pain, including those caused by urinary tract infections. In fact, pumpkin is great for treating cystitis because it has anti-inflammatory properties, which their properties work great for treating prostate pain in men.
How can you use pumpkin seeds?
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds. You can sprinkle a little salt on top to make a wonderful snack.
- Eat a handful of pumpkin seeds daily (NOTE, this doesn’t replace medical treatment).
Also read this article: 7 Incredible Benefits of Eating Pumpkins
Cucumbers have plenty of water as well as vitamins K and C, which make them a great for fighting infections because they provide extra water and they’re anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
How can you use cucumbers?
- Eat at least one cucumber daily while having a urinary tract infection. You can also make a cucumber and ginger salad, which will improve their properties.
- Make a cucumber, carrot and beet juice. It’s a good source of vitamins A and C as well as a number of minerals.
Oranges and kiwis
Mixing these two fruits together is an explosion of vitamin C, which makes it difficult for bacteria to grow. This combination also has fiber, which cleans not only the urinary tract but the bowels as well.
How can you use these fruits?
- Blend the kiwis (previously peeled) along with the oranges. Pour the mixture into a cup and enjoy before breakfast.
- You can also eat these fruits as a dessert with a little honey, or prepare an orange, kiwi, parsley and arugula salad with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ginger and honey vinaigrette.
Recommended reading : 5 Kiwi Smoothies that You Really Need to Try
Parsley is a natural diuretic with big anti-bacterial properties. These properties help wash away problematic bacteria in urine.
How can you use parsley?
- Boil two cups of water and add a cup of fresh parsley leaves, or two tablespoons of dried parsley. Cook over low-heat for 10 minutes, then strain and drink.
- Pineapple, cucumber and parsley make a great juice.
Radish contains an anti-microbial component, which makes it the best antibiotic in nature. It attacks bacteria’s cellular membranes and keeps them from growing. They just annihilate them!
How can you use radishes?
- Grate the spicy radish. Take a half teaspoon of the grated radish and mix it into a glass of warm water. Drink the water at least three times a day.
- You can also use spicy radish as a condiment for your meals during your infection.
This medicinal plant, known for its properties such as its natural antibiotic effects, helps the immune system. However, pregnant women and children younger than 2 shouldn’t use it as a treatment.
How can you use echinacea?
- Make some tea by adding one teaspoon of echinacea into a cup of water. You can drink it three cups a day.
- You can also use essential echinacea oil or capsules.
You can treat your urinary tract infection with these simple preventative measures:
- Go ahead and go to the bathroom every time you need to urinate! Holding in urine creates a hot spot for bacteria.
- When you go to the bathroom, wipe front to back to prevent bacteria from entering the urethra.
- After sexual intercourse, urinate and wash the area. This is a key preventative measure.
- Avoid using vaginal douches and scented pads.
- Increase your consumption of vitamin C-rich foods.
- Add a codfish oil supplement to your diet because it can improve your immune system.