Remedies For Fine, Brittle Hair
Attractive, strong hair is a reflection of good health. Sometimes, hormonal changes, chemical substance abuse, or using a hair dryer on high heat can severely damage it. But in general, the health of our hair depends on our body’s nutritional balance.
Any vitamin deficiency, whether in minerals, proteins, etc., causes weakness, fragility and hair loss. Normally, the presence of anemia is the direct cause of hair loss; having an iron deficiency is what leads to weak and brittle hair. Let’s look at some more details in the following.
Causes of Weak Hair
Hair, in addition to being composed of keratin, is also formed from a rich composite of basic minerals, such as magnesium, silicon, selenium, copper, etc. To maintain healthy hair, it is necessary to have the right balance of all of those. But what are the main causes for having week and brittle hair?
- Hormonal changes.
- Times of stress or anxiety.
- Thyroid problems.
- Mineral deficiencies, especially of iron.
- External effects: sun, wind, excessive use of chemical products, etc.
Remedies For Healthy Hair
You should realize that upon maintaining an adequate and balanced diet, the health of your hair will immediately reflect the change, and from there, we offer these important tips:
- Proteins: It is essential that you daily consume an adequate amount of proteins, which you can find in eggs, cheese, and fish. It is also suggested that when you eat fats, they should be of vegetable origin: nuts and olive oil, for example.
- Linoleic acid: Essential for enjoying a shiny and healthy head of hair. You can find it in sunflower oil and soybean oil.
- Vitamin A: Retinol, or antixerophthalmic vitamin, is a fat-soluble vitamin that takes part in the formation and maintenance of cells, and it can be found in carrots, cabbage, broccoli, melons, apricots, etc.
- Vitamin B: They are related to body metabolism, and are vital to keep the hair strong and healthy. Where can it be found? Simply, in eggs, fermented dairy products, fish, brewer’s yeast, algae, edible mushrooms, wheat germ, and soy. In addition, your physician can prescribe Vitamin B suplementes in capsules.
- Vitamin C: A natural antioxidant, it is a basic necessity for strengthening our hair. It would be ideal to drink juices from oranges, lemons, strawberries, mangos, etc.
- Adequate Mineral Intake: Iron, zinc, copper, etc. So don’t forget to include nuts, fish, spinach, lentils, mollusks, and lean meats in your diet.
- Biotin: Essential for skin, hair, and nail health. If we have a healthy, balanced diet, biotin is generated in our intestinal flora, but if we do not eat correctly, the lack of biotin can cause hair losss. To synthesize properly, we eat cereals, eggs, foods containing yeast, etc.
- Folic Acid: It is an important nutritional element that plays a part in the synthesis of DNA, is essential for cell multiplication, the formation of red and white blood cells, and the synthesis of many neurotransmitters. A folic acid deficiency immediately damages our hair. We can find it in vegetables, avocados, orange juice, broccoli, beets, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, etc.
- Foods That Contain Sulfur: Sulfur helps us form collagen, a basic element that increases the resistence of our hair. You can find it in soy, nuts, seeds, meats, eggs, whole grain cereals, etc.
- Proper Hydration: Lastly, it is important that you remember that good hydration helps regenerate our hair, improving its elasticity and overall health. To achieve this, it is important to drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
Place the two egg yolks in a bowl, along with the vinegar and almond oil. Stir well for five minutes until the mixture is uniform and an attractive yellow color. Once that is done, wet your hair so that it is damp when you carefully apply the mixture to it.
Then, massage into the scalp, including the nape of the neck, so that it thoroughly coated. If you have a shower cap, it is perfect to cover your hair and to leave the mask in it for at least half an hour, and then rinse in warm water. If you do this twice a week, you will eventually see results.