Relieve Your Shoulder Pain with These Homemade Remedies
Although shoulder pain is a very bothersome condition that makes it impossible to do your normal daily activities, you can relieve it naturally without having to resort to medications.
Shoulder pain is a very uncomfortable and disabling condition because the shoulder joint allows you to interact efficiently with your environment. There are different types of injuries that can cause pain, swelling, and immobility. Also, you may experience chronic swelling if you don’t receive any medical treatment.
First of all, it’s worth knowing that shoulder pain is more common than you think. You’ll need to see your doctor in cases of dislocations and fractures. These two situations are generally the outcome of a trauma in this area.
Pathologies and Most Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
The most common diseases related to shoulder pain are:
- Calcific shoulder tendonitis
There are also numerous problems that cause discomfort:
This occurs when the head of the arm bone is forced out of the shoulder socket due to excessive use, strains, or blows.
When the ligaments, tendons, and muscles around the shoulder are loose or torn, you may be at risk of experiencing repeated dislocations. These cause pain and instability if you try to raise your arm or move it forward.
Bursae acts as cushions or bags that reduce friction between muscles and bones. Excessive use of the shoulder may lead to bursitis, causing pain and limiting your ability to do daily activities such as combing your hair or getting dressed.
The tendons are made up of connective tissue fibers that connect the muscles and bones. The main cause of tendinitis or tendon inflammation is doing repetitive exercises without a proper posture. You may also suffer from it due to other injuries such as sprains.
Fractures are the result of a broken bone. They take place due to falls from heights or high-energy injuries, such as sports or motor vehicle accidents. They cause severe pain and swelling.
It usually develops due to a joint progressively wearing down, but it’s also often is associated with muscle and tendon tears and infections. It starts appearing with swelling, pain, and stiffness.
This is an autoimmune disease that causes joint inflammation. It’s typified by pain, swelling, redness, and deformation.
Some Guidelines to Prevent Shoulder Pain
- You should never push your body beyond its limits. If you notice that what you want to lift or carry is too much, then it’s best to ask for help.
- Be careful when you go to the gym. Many people think that lifting more weight will strengthen their muscles faster. You can gradually increase the weight if you don’t want to get injured.
- Doing regular exercises improves your body and prevents you from getting hurt easily.
You must warm up before any physical activity because not doing so increases your risk of injury. Also, remember to stretch before and after any physical activity.
Natural Remedies to Relieve Shoulder Pain
These natural remedies are amazing allies to relieve discomfort. If the pain is persistent or is due to a serious injury, you should go see a specialist since it probably needs to be treated with medication.
Rosemary for Arthritic or Rheumatic Joints
- ½ cup of rosemary leaves (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of clove oil (15 ml)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (250 ml)
- Cotton balls
- Heat all the ingredients in a pot.
- As they boil, leave it on the heat for two more minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and let it sit.
- Dampen the cotton balls, place them on your shoulder, and wrap well in the bandage.
- Leave on overnight.
Lemon for Arthritis
Nothing’s better for arthritic pain than the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- 5 squeezed lemons
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Combine all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Dink it every day on an empty stomach until you see improvement.
Here’s how to make your own mentholated cream that you can use to massage your pain and discomfort.
- 1 cup witch hazel (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons of lanolin (60 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of menthol (90 ml)
- Heat all ingredients in a double boiler until you get a thick paste.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- When the cream is cool and ready, use it to massage the affected area.
- Let it sit overnight.
Keep in mind what was mentioned above in this article, especially the causes of shoulder pain. Although it’s a very bothersome pain, it shouldn’t be avoided.