Muscle and joint pain can occur as a result of injury, undue stress or other conditions. This type of pain can affect the quality of life of those who suffer from it, since it prevents them from doing their normal daily activities. The good news is that these conditions can be treated in a natural way and there are many effective treatments that can provide complete relief in a short amount of time.
Although in natural and alternative medicine there exist many different treatments to soothe and treat muscle pain and joint pain, today we will share an excellent recipe that can alleviate this type of pain in only 7 days.
What does this recipe consist of?
- To begin, you should buy about 150 grams (5 ounces) of edible gelatin, preferably the kind without taste, from your nearest store. (This amount of gelatin will last for about a month of treatment.)
- Place two teaspoons of gelatin in a ¼ cup of cold water and let it sit on the counter all night.
- The following morning the gelatin will be puffed up and you can eat it with a little bit of honey, juice, yogurt or sour cream. It is important that you eat it on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before you eat breakfast.
- This treatment should be done for an entire month, but people who suffer from muscle or joint pain will feel better in just 7 days of treatment. This is ideal for those who suffer from pain in the back, joints, spine, or neck, among others. This remedy will help to restore the “lubrication” of the joints.
Why is gelatin so good for the joints?
Gelatin is a very common product in the markets, which we can buy at a low cost and which we can combine with other ingredients to make very nutritious desserts. This food is characterized by its high content of proteins, which are obtained as a result of the processing of the animal collagen (extracted mainly from the bones and skin of cows and pigs); it can be used as a stabilizer, binder or thickener in different recipes.
It is said that gelatin is very good for joints since it contains two amino acids called proline and hydroxyproline, which interact positively to repair the connective tissues. Eating gelatin can help, therefore, to improve the connective tissue which is very important to the internal joints.
Other benefits of gelatin
Gelatin has very important properties which can help to improve health in many ways. Among its benefits we find the following:
- Gelatin is a food rich in amino acids, such as arginine and glycine, which stimulate the building of muscles.
- It is a food that contains no cholesterol and is fat free, further it helps to increase metabolism and thereby helps us lose weight.
- By adding gelatin to other foods, they will be easier to digest, such as meats and dairy products, that usually are very difficult to digest. Also, gelatin reduces abdominal swelling and can help regulate hormones.
- The regular consumption of gelatin could help to prevent the development of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- It provides elasticity and strength to the tendons and ligaments.
- Gelatin has properties that help to fortify the immunological system.
- It stimulates the growth of hair and nails, for which it is an excellent ally to a beauty routine.
- It contains a total of 18 amino acids, among which you find eight of the nine essential amino acids that our body cannot manufacture and which must be obtained through foods.
- Gelatin contains fluoride, which is a chemical element that, in small amounts, helps maintain the enamel of the teeth, preventing tooth decay.
- It helps to regenerate skin collagen, a substance which also contributes to the formation of bones, tendons, cartilage and ligaments which begin to weaken with the passing of the years.
- It is recommended to combat stomach disorders like gastritis and heartburn as it neutralizes the excessive production of stomach acid.
- It can be helpful in weight loss diets since it provides a sense of satiety or fullness and reduces appetite.