Relieve Gout with These Natural Remedies
Gout is a very painful form of arthritis that's caused by a buildup of uric acid in the blood. Learn how to relieve gout with these natural remedies.
Are you looking for natural remedies to relieve gout?
Gout is a very painful form of arthritis that’s caused by an accumulation of uric acid in the blood. This acid is the result of the decomposition of substances called purines, which are found in all the tissues of the body and in foods like red meats, liver, beans and dried peas.
When a person is healthy, the uric acid dissolved in the blood is filtered by the kidneys and eliminated from the body in the urine. However, when the kidneys cannot efficiently remove the uric acid, it crystallizes and accumulates in the joints causing what is known as gout.
This chronic disease affects the joints and reduces the quality of life for those who suffer from it. For this reason, gout patients are constantly searching for treatments to reduce pain and inflammation and relieve gout.
Important Facts about Gout
Often, people suffering from gout experience the first symptoms when it begins to affect their big toe. This toe will feel delicate, red, warm and swollen.
Also, the pain and inflammation gradually increase and extend to other areas of the body like the:
- Arch of the foot
At their onset, gout attacks improve after a few days or go unnoticed by the patient. With the passage of time, the symptoms become more obvious and the flare ups last longer and require treatment to relieve gout.
An individual is more likely to suffer from gout if they:
- Are male.
- Have a family history of gout.
- Are overweight or obese.
- Drink alcohol.
- Eat foods high in purines.
- Are exposed to lead in the environment.
- Have had an organ transplant.
- Takes medications like diuretics, aspirin, cyclosporine or levodopa.
- Take niacin.
Diagnosing gout can be complicated, as its symptoms are similar to other health problems. To confirm this problem, your doctor can take a sample of the fluid from inflamed joints to determine the presence of uric acid crystals.
Natural Remedies to Relieve Gout
When a doctor diagnoses a patient with gout, the treatment they give includes taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These include ibuprofen and small doses of corticosteroids, like prednisone and colchicine.
The medications relieve pain and prevent future flare-ups to improve the patient’s quality of life. Despite this, these drugs are not recommended for daily consumption. After all, they can cause long terms side effects to your health.
To avoid these risks, there are a few natural remedies that can help relieve gout without affecting your health.
A Natural Remedy for Gout
Here, we’re going to share a natural remedy designed especially to relieve gout. This is because it combines ingredients with anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. The result is an effect similar to medication, but without possible negative side effects in other parts of the body.
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 pineapple
- 1-2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 inch ginger root or 1 ½ teaspoons powdered ginger
- First, remove the stem and peel the pineapple. Ideally, you should just use the pulp, but you can take advantage of the stem, which also contains bromelain.
- Then, cut the pineapple into chunks and puree it in a blender.
- Add the cherry juice, cumin and ginger.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar and seal it.
- Put the jar in the refrigerator and leave it there for 10 days.
- When the recommended amount of time has passed, you can add a little honey (optional) to improve the taste of the ginger and cumin.
- This incredible drink will keep in the fridge for a month, as long as the container is properly sealed.
- For the best results to relieve gout, it’s important to take it every day.
Because of its incredible properties, this drink is also recommended for treating other types of arthritis and different pains associated with the muscles and joints.
Overall, drinking it every day will provide your body with healthy nutrition.
See this article: 5 Natural Anti-Inflammatory Treatments for Joint Pain