Natural Grape and Vitamin C Exfoliant to Rejuvenate Skin
We can prevent skin aging caused by free radical damage. However, in order to do this, we need to maintain a balanced diet and use skincare products with antioxidants. You can use this rejuvenating grape and vitamin C exfoliant to take care of your skin naturally and prevent visible signs of aging.
You might like: Nightly Skin Routine: Seven Tips
In this article, we will tell you how to easily make this great grape and vitamin C exfoliant at home. After all, it has vitamin C and grapes, which will give you a firmer, more radiant, wrinkle-free face.
How and When to Use a Vitamin C Exfoliant
Believe it or not, it is possible to fight against time and look younger. In order to achieve optimum results, you should use a vitamin C exfoliant once a week. This gets rid of dead skin cells and increases your skin’s regeneration. Doing this keeps your skin revitalized and wrinkle-free.
We definitely recommended using this grape and vitamin C exfoliant, especially if you want to get the most out of a rejuvenating exfoliation.
If you have oily skin, you can use this exfoliant two times per week. However, if you have sensitive or dry skin, you should only use it once every 10 days.
Active Ingredients in the Grape and Vitamin C Exfoliant
Vitamin C is a nutrient with high antioxidant power. Additionally, it stimulates the production of collagen. This is important because collagen gives the skin the elasticity it needs to prevent wrinkles and stay firm.
As a result, vitamin C helps prevent laugh lines. Moreover, it also helps reduce the ones that we already have. These effects can even keep wrinkles from getting deeper.
Vitamin C also makes your skin radiant. Plus, it can even help prevent and eliminate hyperpigmentation (dark spots). Because of this, it’s a great remedy for people who have suntanned too much.
In general, we take vitamin C as a supplement, in capsules, or in pills.
However, in this article, we are going to talk about the benefits of applying it directly to your skin. We will also make use of its powdery texture to make a smooth yet effective skin product.
Grapes are delicious to eat, but they also have a multitude of health benefits. Here’s just a few:
- This fruit is rich in polyphenols. These are antioxidant substances that are especially found in the skin and the seeds. Because of this, we should always eat or use the whole grape. The best varieties are either red or black.
- Another healthy component is resveratrol. This is an active ingredient that promotes the production of the enzyme that slows cellular aging.
- Also, we get grapeseed oil from the nutrient-rich seeds. This oil is very popular for its health and cosmetic benefits.
- Grapes also have vitamins C, D, and E, beta-carotene, and essential fatty acids that provide regenerative properties to our skin.
When possible, always use and eat organic grapes. This is one of the fruits that contain the most pesticides. These substances slowly hurt us and you should try your best to avoid them by consuming organic varieties.
You might like: Four Tips to Ensure Clean, Smooth Skin
How to Make This Natural Exfoliant at Home
This vitamin C-enriched exfoliant is easy to make. In fact, you can make it right before applying it.
Also, it’s much cheaper than a store bought-product, 100% natural, and very effective.
- 1 capsule (100 mg) of powdered vitamin C
- 2 organic red grapes, with both skin and seeds
These are the amounts you need for one application. Making one application at a time helps to maintain the antioxidant properties of the exfoliant. We recommend making it right before you use it.
Making this rejuvenating exfoliant is very easy:
- Empty the vitamin C capsule into a mortar.
- Wash and then add the two grapes to the mortar. Crush the grapes until you have a paste.
- Don’t take out the seeds or the skin. As we said before, they are rich in antioxidants.
How to Use this Grape and Vitamin C Exfoliant
Every time you want to use this rejuvenating exfoliant, you should follow these steps:
- Rinse your face with a little hot water to open your pores.
- Take a little of the paste, about the size of a hazelnut, and apply it to your face.
- Massage your skin smoothly. Focus on your forehead, nose, and chin.
- Wait a few minutes before washing your face. This lets your skin absorb the antioxidants.
- After drying your face, you should always moisturize with your normal lotion or cream.
- We recommend using this at night before bed since it can cause some redness.