Reduce the Size of Large Pores with These 5 Natural Treatments
Large pores is an aesthetic problem caused by imbalances in your sweat glands. At the same time, this increases the secretion of oily residues.
These are usually visible in the “T” area of your face. However, they can also be in other areas and cause problems like blackheads and acne.
The size of your pores can vary depending on genetic and hormonal factors. However, pores usually aren’t as visible in a person with healthy skin.
They aren’t a symptom of a severe disease. Nevertheless, it’s necessary to treat them with special care. This way you can avoid an annoying shiny face and other imperfections.
Luckily, there are many natural products that help reduce your pores’ size. In this article, we want to share 5 easy methods so that you can start to fight large pores at home.
1. Sage lotion
Sage has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides reducing the size of your open pores, it also cleans impurities and prevents acne.
Applying it as a lotion reduces excessive oil and dead skin cell build up.
- 1 tablespoon of sage
- 1 cup of water
- Add sage to a cup of hot water.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Then, strain the liquid and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
How to apply it
- Once it’s cold, spray it on your skin or rub it on with a cotton ball.
- Use it up to 2 times per day, every day.
2. Clay mask
This is rich in minerals and antioxidant substances. Clay is a natural cosmetic product that has been made popular as a remedy for fighting excessive skin oil.
Its natural active agents shrink large pores. Plus, it also removes residues that are left in them.
- 2 tablespoons of white or green clay
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 6 tablespoons of warm water
- Pour all of the ingredients into a container.
- Mix them until you get a creamy paste.
How to use it
- Spread the mask all over your face, especially on the T zone. Let it work for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat the treatment 2 times per week.
3. Almond exfoliant
The exfoliation treatment with almond flour is an alternative for fighting large pores, blackheads, and a buildup of dead skin cells.
It gives your skin fatty acids, amino acids, and essential antioxidants. These encourage the skin renewal process.
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
- Pour the almond flour into a bowl and mix it with the honey until you get a thick paste.
How to use it
- Rub the mask all over your face with smooth circular movements.
- Let it work for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Repeat its application 2 to 3 times per week.
4. Orange and egg white treatment
By combining orange zest with egg whites, you can get an astringent and exfoliating treatment. This is perfect for those who suffer from large pores.
Thanks to its properties, it eliminates impurities that affect your skin’s health. At the same time, it controls your oil production.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- Beat an egg white and mix it with the orange zest.
How to use it
- Rinse your skin with warm water. Then, apply the treatment.
- Cover all of the areas except around your eyes and lips. Let it work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this treatment 2 times per week.
5. Buttermilk and sugar exfoliant
This has the ability to remove dead skin cells and residues that block your pores. This makes this homemade exfoliant perfect for making the large pores in your facial skin look better.
Using this on a regular basis prevents excessive oil production and imperfections like blackheads.
- 4 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sugar
- Add the ingredients to a container and mix them until you get a granulated product.
How to use it
- Rub the exfoliant over your whole face using circular movements.
- Let it work for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use this treatment 2 or 3 times per week.
Does your skin look shiny? Do you notice large pores? Try any of the remedies we mentioned. You’ll love them!