High cholesterol is a problem that affects the modern population, particularly people living in developed countries. Luckily, you can reduce cholesterol with flavourful juice.
But first, what is high cholesterol? Well, it’s caused by the excessive build up of cholesterol, or lipids, in the arteries, a fatty substance that’s found in all of your body’s cells.
Lipids are naturally secreted by your liver but can also be absorbed when you eat certain foods that contain them.
Sure, it is vital for some of your body’s processes. But, in high levels cholesterol can lead to serious health problems.
The most worrisome fact is that many people ignore their condition. After all, it doesn’t have any obvious symptoms until it causes a lot of damage.
For that reason, you should have periodic blood tests for cholesterol. And, if your results are high, take immediate measures to control it.
Fortunately, in addition to medical treatments there are natural ways you can stabilize your cholesterol.
One of them is a juice made with aloe vera, cucumber, and grapefruit. This vibrant juice cleanses your arteries and removes any residues of this substance.
Aloe, cucumber, and grapefruit juice to lower cholesterol
The ingredients that make up this natural juice provide large quantities of essential nutrients that your body absorbs, helping to improve the processes that break down excess cholesterol found in the bloodstream.
This beverage is also cleansing and diuretic, which will help you with weight loss and minimize your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of aloe veraThe healing properties of aloe vera gel have been used in alternative medicine for hundreds of years.
This plant, known for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant compounds, is able to protect your body and promote the relief of multiple health problems that can interfere with its normal function.
- With respect to your cardiovascular health, it’s very beneficial: not just because it reduces inflammation but also because the nutrients help eliminate the lipid plaques that form inside your arteries.
- Natural fibers, in addition to amino acids and vitamins, reduce your levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- It’s an excellent way to remove toxins from your bloodstream and it also helps fight fluid retention.
Benefits of cucumber
Cucumber is a low-calorie vegetable whose rich nutrients are very helpful in avoiding high cholesterol.
- Rich in water and antioxidant compounds, cucumber reduces your body’s oxidation of fats, preventing cholesterol from being synthesized.
- Its vitamins and minerals reduce the formation of plaque in the arteries and maintain good circulation.
- Fiber helps trap harmful fats from the food you eat, preventing them from being retained by the body. Cucumber also contains potassium, which helps reduce fluid retention and prevent high blood pressure.
Benefits of grapefruitGrapefruit has become popular as a supplement for fighting weight loss and high cholesterol.
- Consuming grapefruit on a regular basis will decrease the synthesis of bad cholesterol (LDL) by your liver.
- It increases the antioxidant activity in your bloodstream, minimizing the negative impacts of free radicals and reducing the formation of plaque in the arteries.
- Dietary fiber helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine while also improving your digestion of fats.
- It is a cleansing food that eliminates toxins from the body and also maintains good circulation.
Visit this article:
How do you make this aloe, cucumber, and grapefruit juice?
If you have high cholesterol or have been eating foods that are rich in this lipid, try making this healthy juice.
- The juice from 5 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- The juice from half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Squeeze the grapefruit juice and add it to the blender along with the aloe gel, the cucumber, and the lemon juice.
- To enhance its properties you can add a clove of raw garlic.
- Blend until you have a smooth, homogeneous beverage, and serve immediately.
Mode of consumption
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach, at least three times a week.
As you can see, it’s easy to make a juice to fight high cholesterol. And, it doesn’t require expensive ingredients that are difficult to acquire.
The most important thing is to pair your consumption of this beverage with a healthy, low-fat diet. Why? Well, this is because it won’t do you any good if you continue any unhealthy eating habits.