Zucchini Recipes to Spice Up Your Kitchen
Today we're bringing you delicious zucchini recipes so you can learn how to enjoy this wonderful vegetable and say goodbye to boring routine in the kitchen!
You probably already have a couple of recipes on how to prepare zucchini, for example, stuffed or in a tart. That’s all good, but here we have some more zucchini recipes that will allow you to enjoy this marvelous vegetable at any time of year, which is great if you’re on a diet or if you’re a vegetarian.
Healthy and quick zucchini recipes
Microwave zucchini omelette
We could call this a recipe for “healthy fast food”, because it doesn’t require too much preparation and it takes only minutes to prepare. Out of all the other zucchini recipes, this one takes the least amount of time.
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 pieces of creamy cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper, and spices to taste
- First choose the brightest zucchini as those are the most tender.
- Then, wash them and cut into small, uniform pieces.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and mix it with the egg in a bowl.
- Now, add salt, pepper, oregano, or whatever spices you prefer. Don’t forget to add the zucchini!
- Once everything is mixed together, cook in the microwave for no more than five minutes, and you’re done!
- Now you have delicious food to enjoy, maybe best eaten with a salad or some rice?
This recipe is perfect for people who don’t eat meat but still want to add something fun to a salad.
- 2 zucchini
- Bread crumbs or flour
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- To begin, cut the zucchini into strips about half a centimeter thick and then salt each one and let them sit for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat the eggs with your spices.
- In addition to salt, you could add pepper, oregano, thyme, parsley, cumin, or any other spice that you wish.
- Coat each strip of zucchini in the egg mixture and then the bread crumbs or flour, and form them into patty shapes.
- Finally, fry in an abundant amount of oil, or, if you prefer a more healthy version, you can add them to a frying pan and cook them in the oven.
- When the bread crumbs turn golden brown, they are done.
- You could eat them with mashed potatoes, salads, rice, etc.
More complex and elaborated zucchini recipes
Rice With Sautéed Zucchini
This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious! Plus it’s just as enjoyable in the winter as it is in the summer.
- 3 pounds of zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 3/4 of a stick of butter
- 1 liter of vegetable soup stock
- 2 cups of rice
- 3 teaspoons of grated cheese
- Salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, etc.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes and fry with the oil, garlic and spices.
- In a separate pan, lightly fry half of the butter with the onion, add the rice, and cook for about a minute.
- Then, add the soup stock, season it with salt and pepper, and cook until the rice is done.
- When the liquid has evaporated, add the rest of the butter, ground cheese, and fried zucchini.
- There’s nothing more to it! Serve it hot, and if you want, add some more cheese on top!
This is a great example of zucchini recipes for children who don’t like vegetables. This healthy alternative will get children to enjoy the taste, while also allowing them to get all of the nutrients they need.
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1/2 onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes and cook them in water and salt.
- Drain them when they are tender, and leave them to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the onion that you have previously cut into small pieces.
- Add salt, pepper and any other spices you like to the mixture.
- Then add the mixture to the zucchini.
- Finally, preheat the oven and put the zucchini onto a well-greased pan. Cook them in the oven until they are well browned.
- Let them cool, and serve.
- This is a good side dish for meat or chicken, for example.
Summer-friendly zucchini recipes
Zucchini a la escabeche
This is a perfect dish for the summer, because it is far more healthy than most snacks and also, it’s a unique choice for a dish to share with friends.
- 12 zucchini
- 1/2 liter of water
- 1 cup of vinegar
- Salt, oregano, and crushed garlic
- 1 cup of oil
- First, cut the zucchini into strips about a half a centimeter thick.
- Then, cook them in a saucepan with the water, salt, and vinegar.
- Leave them to “blanch”, that is, until they are tender.
- Drain them.
- You can then layer them with spices, cover them with oil and use them in cooking.
- You can also place them directly in a large glass bottle with a lid and leave them in the refrigerator.
- Then they can be enjoyed on crackers or toast.
These zucchini recipes are easy to make and they don’t require too many ingredients. The best part about them is that they’re healthy and contain a ton of nutrients for your body. Pick the one you like the most and try it, we can guarantee you will not regret it!
Images courtesy of Jessica Spengler, Anne Hornyak, Meg Lessard, ROoey202, Michael Bazak, and Sonja Pieper.